First PS consultation tomorrow any tips???

eveotr
on 5/4/09 9:22 am - PA
Hi~

I had an RNY in Agust of '07.  I have lost 100# and have a ton of extra skin on my belly and my thighs are gross also!!!!  I have a  consultation with a PS in my area tomorrow.  Not sure why b/c I don't think my insurance will cover it and I don't have the money to pay out of pocket, but I thought what the heck I would go check it out and hear what he recommends and see if we can get insurance to at least pay for a TT.

So any of you PS vetrans have any tips for my consultation?  What to ask, what to look for, etc.  ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks!

DEBI R.
on 5/4/09 5:23 pm - CORSICANA, TX
1. Make sure he is board certified
2. Has he ever done WLS patients?
3. Ask to see pictures
4. Ask him what he would recommend doing first
5. if doing a TT does it include muscle repair and liposuction

Good luck. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

gypsywoman6789
on 5/4/09 10:42 pm - Hudson, NH

Have consults with various surgeons.  You will be surprised how different each ones approach might be.

Don't discount that ins. will pay, mine paid for my panni and I was pleasantly surprised.   I got approval in 2 days which is crazy.

Board certified in plastics.
Before & Afters specifically of WLS patients
Make a list of questions to ask so you don't forget them while you are there.
Pay attention to see if the Dr. is listening to your concerns or what you want or if he is just telling you what he will/won't do.

Good luck.

Most Active