Fatigue any suggestions even if it is to rest......

MyQnA
on 5/2/09 6:44 pm

I have walked about a mile everyday since I came home.  I walked in the hospital and I am eating about 80g of protein and keeping carbs low.  I didn't do much yesterday and the only effort I am making is to do that walk.  But this morning I woke up exhausted.  Am I doing too much?  Is this fatigue normal and is there anyway perhaps I can add to what I am eating to help?  I am now sticking with the basics for me.  I have no eaten anything that I have not listed for the past 5 days or so:

Oatmeal with protein added
Raisins and peanuts
Fish
Water

no alcohol no coffee no sugary goodness just the things listed above oh I did have cheese too

Thanks
~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

islander
on 5/2/09 11:56 pm - Middletown, RI
Normal.  I struggled for a long time just to make myself eat.  Good for you with the mile a day.  I never got that much in.

Your body is using ALL it's energy to function & heal.  By week 6 I finally felt my energy return.  Perhaps cut back a little on the mile.  I used protein drinks to help perk me up and slept A LOT.  At week 8 I am still healing and my body will continue to do so for awhile so I am gentle with myself.  You should be, too.  Plastic surgery is major and invasive.

MyQnA
on 5/3/09 12:10 am
Thank you!  You are right and I guess because I am not in pain I don't realize how invasive this surgery has been.  But, I can cut back and plan too.

cbhjr98
on 5/3/09 4:31 pm
Maxine,

Make sure you take a bit extra B12 and Iron pills after surgery - they help to rebuild your blood cell count and energy levels. My doc said it was critical to healing to make sure I had a bit more than I normally had to help rebuild my stores.

I'm 5 weeks out and notice if I dont get my afternoon nap I'm exhausted, tired and cranky still. I sure hope that goes away although it does seem to be getting better.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
MyQnA
on 5/3/09 4:40 pm
Hi Cass,

Thank you!  I didn't even think about my vitamins.  I am taking most of them but, I lost my handy dandy weekly dispenser and have no clue what I have taken and what I have not.  I think today when i go to my follow up I will stop at the pharmacy and by another.  But, I rested most of the day yesterday.  I will to take my time and not be wonder woman.

tcnaegele
on 5/3/09 7:58 pm - madison, IN
wow, a mile a day, darn i want your energy, im lucky to walk to the barn and back with out having to take a nap. the doc told me to eat lots of meat so you might want to try that. tracy
Most Active