arms

amykic
on 5/2/09 3:28 am - spencer, MA
I want to get my "bat wings" done. I have a 4 month old son, should I wait?

Lilypie - (yMzl) 
Lilypie - (G8Gh) Little Angel  8/14/09  ectopic

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/09 4:07 am, edited 5/2/09 4:07 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I know how hard it is to wait but in my opinion I would say wait unless you have someone with you who can take care of most of the babies needs for a couple weeks.  You are not supposed to lift anything heavier than 5 lbs for at least 4 -6 weeks (depends on the surgeon....mine said 4).  Plus you will be sore and will not want anyone resting on your arms.....you won't be able to cuddle him in your arms for a little while. BUT this is just my opinion.

Hopefully someone on the board who has a young child will be able to share their experience with you........that will give you a better idea.

Good luck making your decision!

PS- what a cute baby!!

Christie N.
on 5/2/09 7:39 am - Riverton, UT
after having two children myself, I'd say to wait at least till the baby is a year old (so like 8 more months for you).   You will be in a lot of pain and also not be able to lift anything for a few weeks and babies that young are demanding and take a lot of work.   Plus, you just had a baby 4 months ago and your body is still trying to heal from that.  Give yourself a break for a little bit I think.

If I am able to get PS in the near future after being done with kids (we want one more and will try this summer to get pg), I will wait until the youngest is at least a year old to have anything done.   JMO and GL!

Hit goal weight of 140 at 13 months out from RNY!! 130 pounds GONE! 

amykic
on 5/2/09 8:05 am - spencer, MA
Thank you ladies!!! It really does make since to wait...lol.  I love to hold and cuddle with my little boy so I will wait until he is older.

Lilypie - (yMzl) 
Lilypie - (G8Gh) Little Angel  8/14/09  ectopic

whisperingliz
on 5/2/09 8:05 pm - paramount, CA
My son was 6 months old when i had brachio done, I had my wonderful mother help me out. I did feel bad not being able to carry my son, but probably 3 weeks out, i would sit down and would tell my mother to place him on my lap, of course she's have to be next to me, but it was nice to just have him with me.  My mother loved taking care of my son 24/7, she did it for about a month. It's funny how now  my father asks me if it's okay for my son to sleep with them, hehe. I missed my son so much though, but sometimes i think it's better when they are little, they wont remember. I think it's okay to go for it as long as you have someone that will take care of him 24/7 as well as take care of you...  also, you have to consider, can you go without carrying him for a while. I think it actually gets harder when they start running around,  you have to tend to them more and make sure they wont get into trouble.  I dunno, it's upto you. I just know that I did it  and i'm totally cool with it now.

Hugs! much luck!
Most Active