LBL - post op ?'s - Just a couple... really ;-)

MelissaF
on 5/2/09 1:05 am, edited 5/2/09 1:58 am - Northwood, IA
1) I have 4 drains, really not a lot of output.  For instance.. last night I emptied them and stripped them.  This morning the most I had was 10ml in one, 8 in another, 3ml and then 2 ml.  

2) My doc said I will get more swollen the next couple days then start shedding off water like crazy on days 4-5 postop. So far hasn't happened, I am drinking a lot.  I feel very swollen in this garment though.   No poop either but eating prunes, drinking prune juice, taking softeners and eating high fiber tortilla yesterday but I am gassy so I think that is coming soon. (puke my gas smells! sorry TMI)

edited to add: disregard the lack of poop, that isn't a problem any longer ;-)  And yes the garment is clean.  I did it very carefully lol.

3) I took off the dressing (kerlex rolled around me twice) today and then all the silicone strips and dabbed the incision with a warm wash cloth like I was told.  There isn't any drainage.  I reapplied the strips as directed.  I wonder how often most of you do this? I emailed him to see how often.  I don't see him until May 11th for my first follow up.  I also pulled both of my OnQ pain pumps ast night myself (he said that was alright).  

4) I have an area that is reddish purple along the incision line above my mons area.  He noticed this when he took the oringinal dressing off said "its sorta dusky there in appearance but not worried at this point as it is the furthest place from the blood supply.  We may have to do some revision there with snipping at it and sewing up back up, not a big deal and would be worst case scenerio, doubtful even have to do that.. time will tell".  Hope he means in the office and no more going under.  Also between my new belly button (which is adorable by the way lol) and my mons there is that same reddish/purple streaking sorta, small, not large, almost like a bruise.. I don't think its anything to be worried about.  The rest of the incisions look so pristine that these just stand out to me.  I didn't have an anchor cut.  So the bruising or whatever it is is just on the skin itself no where near an incision.

Ok thats it.. LOL.. so I lied.. I had a few questions.  Any thoughts from you veterans???

I am feeling good though.. really.  I am glad to be on the other side of this.. first day and a half was hell, been bearable since and good even.  Make a really fast turnaround on postop day #2 in the afternoon once I was given a small dose of valium to release the muscle tension some. No more fever either since being home.

Thanks everyone!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Trisha68
on 5/2/09 1:43 am - Westbury, NY
Melissa,

Its good to hear your okay..  Can't wait to see the new you.  

This summer you are going to be one hot woman!!

Speedy recovery. All the best.

Trisha 
MelissaF
on 5/2/09 7:03 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks so much Trish! I cannot wait to see the final outcome!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/09 4:15 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Melissa,
So glad to hear you feeling pretty good!  Glad the poop problem is over too...man that can be awful!

Wishing you a super speedy recovery....can't wait to see some after pictures.  Sharing in your experience is giving me lots of hope for my upcoming LBL.  

Take good care of yourself and don't over do it just 'cause you are starting to feel a little better.  Gotta get plenty of rest now!!

Ruth
MelissaF
on 5/2/09 7:05 am - Northwood, IA
I hope to take pics at my first postop appointment May 11th.  He sorta cautioned me on taking the binder off before then however there is some old drainage on it from surgery so I am going to ask him if I can switch it for the other one I purchased and launder this one on Monday.  If so I will take pics then.  He tells me it will be very difficult to get it back on with me and my husband and I think he prefers I come in and have his staff assist me.  We will see.. but when I get pics I promise to post them!!
Hugs, Melissa 

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/09 7:20 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
No rush on the pictures, take them when you are up it.

Just glad you are feeling well!!
abossard
on 5/2/09 8:33 am - MASON CITY, IA
Awesome to hear you are feeling better.  I am glad the "Hell" part is over.  Take it easy and keep on healing. 
  http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/861981/albums/74443/Angie%20270%20lbs_edited.jpg

happy girl
on 5/2/09 3:08 pm
no help with the questions, sorry, but wanted to wish you well!  each day it will be better than the day before!

take care of you!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/09 6:40 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hmmm, I thought I answered these earlier for you :P. Oh wait, you want them answered WELL, haha.

Yay pooping! (I get excited).

I'm so proud of you and am thrilled you're doing so well already. Just wait, lots of ups and downs.
DEBI R.
on 5/3/09 7:00 am - CORSICANA, TX
Glad you're feeling better Melissa, it gets easier day by day. I seem to swell more some days than I do others not sure why that is. Glad you were able to potty I know you feel so much better just being able to go. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active