POST-OP Face Lift/Neck Lift: Questions, happiness, regrets, problems

Jupiter6
on 5/5/09 12:42 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

The incisions go all the way around both ears. I had dissolvable stitches around my ears and a row of several staples from my temples to the tops of my ears.

At this point I have two pretty thick keloided scars behind my ears full of scar tissue. He gives me the occasional steroid shot and it gets a little better each time. They're in an inobtrusive place.

The ears are very painful for a couple months-- feels like barbed wire, and you have to sleep on your back a while. Now, I do have tightness and the ears get sore when talking on the phone/using my MP3 player but nothing too bad.

I had no muscle tightening of any kind. I was lucky to have a healthy face and good skin pre-op, they really just moved the excess skin around.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

MyLady Heidi
on 5/4/09 11:50 pm
totalfreedom
on 5/5/09 6:11 am - Northern CA

You look gorgeous.  Your skin is so nice and new looking.  I guess I will have to start using makeup!  or do the chemical peel someday.  I wasn't quite ready to take that on as well. 

I am thinking I am going to have to accept that the face/neck lift is going to be a touch one. 

I feel I have an excellent surgeon, but there is only so much that can be done.  My main thing is to rid myself of the jowls and turkey neck.  I look so much older then I am and older then I feel.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

w8'n no more
on 5/5/09 1:10 pm - middle of, IL
Kelli, I think you have got the worst of the surgeries well behind you.  Anybody that can have that first surgery you had and do so well will get through this = piece of cake.  I so admire you.  You are so great at posting and keeping everyone up to date.  I kinda flunk on the pay back thing OOPPPS!  I try!
Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
MyLady Heidi
on 5/6/09 4:00 pm
Most Active