APPROVED!!

sanguinarythorn
on 5/1/09 12:23 pm - Newport News, VA
I know everyone here can appreciate this..... insurance approved my tummy tuck!!!!

The clinic that I went through said that because I was post GB, had lost 100 lbs and kept it off for more than a year, that I could submit my claim to insurance for consideration. I didn't have high hopes. I have extra skin, but I don't have any medical necessity to have it removed. I don't have sore or rashes or anything, I merely hate the skin and want it gone. The clinic said submitting to insurance was a total shot in the dark, and that there was no rhyme or reason for approvals or disapprovals.

Well, we submitted it and I sent along a letter, like a 2 page essay about why I wanted it done. I also sent along pictures of my progress since my GB. Again, I didn't have high hopes because I know how stingy insurace companies are with plastic surgery.

Well... this morning I got the call. I'm APPROVED!!!!!!! Happy 4 year surgiversary to me!!! :) I'm scheduled for surgery July 14th!
happy girl
on 5/1/09 12:54 pm
awesome news!!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Redhaired
on 5/1/09 1:10 pm - Mouseville, FL
Congratulations.  I am so happy for you.  I hope your surgery goes well.

red

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/09 4:57 pm
bamagirlee
on 5/1/09 8:14 pm - Phenix City, AL
I share in your excitement! I was approved last week and will have a panniculectomy and TT on June 10. I'm still in shock that mine was approved (BOTH!) in 4 days! I do have the rash and skin issues so it is medically necessary but was still expecting the normal denial and appeal! 
I'm so excited to be doing this and can't wait. The Dr could have actually done it in the middle of May but there were a few things that really caused June 10th to be better for me.
Best of luck, let's keep in touch and share our war stories LOL
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

debbiel
on 5/1/09 10:36 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
Thanks great news.  See good things are happening in WLS surgery world...The best is yet to come. Happy 4 years also, Enjoy the weekend. Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/09 4:16 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
CONGRATS!!!!!
MZSEYE
on 5/2/09 7:58 am - Splendora, TX
First of all congrats!!!!!! Just curious what insurance do you have?

~~PAM~~
JULY 26, 2006  I AM  LoserA LOSER!!!!
PRE-OP 248 ~DAY OF SURGERY 233 ~AS OF NOW 180~ TOTAL 68#S

sanguinarythorn
on 5/2/09 10:56 pm - Newport News, VA
Aetna
Most Active