Average Price for tummy tuck?

elgntjay
on 4/30/09 4:12 am - OH

I was denied coverage for my panni removal. So, I am trying to decide about self pay. I was quoted $6000.00 with ane and hosp stay because i am a bypass patient.  Is this a average price. it seems high. I am going to appeal my panni removal decision but I am trying to weigh all my options.

thanks

BigCityGirl
on 4/30/09 4:15 am - San Diego, CA
That seems low to me.  Here in San Diego if you can get a TT with anesthesia and h osp for $10,000 you're doing great. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
elgntjay
on 4/30/09 4:38 am - OH

ok, then that is good to here. I have about half of that saved but it will take me a while to get the rest. I am hoping that my appeal is accepted but I want to keep my options open.

thanks

islander
on 4/30/09 4:39 am - Middletown, RI
Sounds fair to me also here in northeast.

elgntjay
on 4/30/09 4:42 am - OH
ok, that is good to hear. Thanks for replying. i really want to get this done. I can live without the thighs but this stomach i can't take......
BigCityGirl
on 4/30/09 4:47 am - San Diego, CA
If your surgeon takes Care Credit you can get a low interest or no interest loan on approved credit.  That's what I did.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
gypsywoman6789
on 4/30/09 4:52 am - Hudson, NH
Definitely appeal the insurance decision.  What insurance do you have?  My panni removal was covered by my insurance but of course they wouldn't cover any muscle tightening.

Cost varies EXTREMELY depending on the region of the country you are in and the Dr. you have perform the procedure. 

I think for self pay that $6k is reasonable.  I was quoted just over $6k for just a breast lift in NH. I was quoted just over $12k for a LBL, TT and lipo.   

I just got my insurance statement for my panni removal and they billed my insurance over $18k dollars, I was like WHAT?  But of course they won't really get $18k.

Good luck.
elgntjay
on 4/30/09 5:10 am - OH
i have uhc,  I am going to do my best to appeal. I spoke with the ps office today and they are going to help.  I have request info from the insurance about there policy because I gave them so much info the first time. I want to cover all basic and pray really hard.
kimtindall
on 5/2/09 3:24 am - Jacksonville, FL
I was denied 2 times by UHC for my panni removal and the third appeal is at an outside level that was APPROVED almost iommediately!!  Keep trying!!!  Good Luck!

Kim 

KathigME
on 4/30/09 6:12 am - Gorham, ME
It is about $6000 here in Maine.  I am paying $3500 for mine, as my insurance will be covering my panni.
Kathi G.  I LOVE MY RNY!!   
Most Active