Drain Tube

tarra
on 5/1/09 4:47 am - Fairfield, CA
As some of you will recall when I first got out of the hospital a couple of weeks ago I posted a message on here stating that I was scared that my drain tubes would get pulled out.  Well this morning I stood up and one of my drain tubes fell to the floor.  It is completely out of me and I never felt it coming out.  My mom cleaned it up with saline, bandaged it up and I called my plastic surgeon's office.  My surgeon was busy with a patient but they said we did the right thing and they will get the message to my doctor.  I doubt I will have to go see my plastic surgeon today.  I have an appointment on Tuesday morning to see her, so I am sure she will just have me wait until then to take a look at it.  I have realized I was more scared of these drain tubes than I needed to be.  I now have one less drain tube to worry about.  Now if the other three could just fall out as uneventfully as this one, I wouldn't mind it so much.  It was almost time for them to come out anyway. 
phpbqw84vAM.jpg picture by tarra74 phpVmdSMwAM.jpg picture by tarra74
tarra
on 5/1/09 5:55 am - Fairfield, CA
Update: I have had a second tube come out today.  It was the same as the last one; no pain and I didn't even feel it come out.
phpbqw84vAM.jpg picture by tarra74 phpVmdSMwAM.jpg picture by tarra74
tcnaegele
on 5/1/09 9:43 am - madison, IN
i pulled mine out myself, kind of gross.
gypsywoman6789
on 5/1/09 10:03 am - Hudson, NH
I also took my own tubes out.  I am so surprised that they just fell out because both of mine were secured with a stich and when I pulled them out there was a good 8" of tubing that I had to pull out.  One side closed right up, the other side leaked for a few days I just kept a bandage over the opening until it scabbed over. 

How much fluid were they putting out anyhow?  I'm sure you''ll be just fine over the weekend until you see the Dr. on Tuesday especially if they weren't putting out much fluid anyhow.
O. Kufi
on 5/1/09 11:31 am
There a few times that I wished mine had fallen out too  but Dr S had them sewn in tight. Good thing is, like you, when he took them out, it was no pain...piece of cake.

Congratulations on your surgery and hope all continues to be well!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

MSHAMO
on 5/1/09 1:01 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI

I cannot believe that your drains just fell out, mine were stitched to my skin. How bazaar!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active