Update on my decision!!!!

Johy0382
on 5/1/09 4:07 am - Homestead, FL
Thank you all for your advise and input on my previous post about the prices being the norm in Miami, Fl, etc!!!! Though I know many of you would be weary with what I decided, I feel VERY confident! I found a group practice in Lauderhill called Strax Rejuvenation(anyone from So.Fla has surely heard of them). They are like I stated a group of about 15 different plastic surgeons(all or most board certified), they have their one surgery center in a building adjacent to their offices, and have been very nice and helpful, and believe me, I have already been there 3 times!!! LOL After much research and going around to different individual practices and getting quoted the same $15k or so, I went to Strax. I met with Dr. John Nees, a board certified plastic surgeon, memeber fo the ASPS, with over 25 years of experience!!! He talked to me and gave me all of my options and his suggestions. I advised what I wanted and the outcome I was hoping for and he gave me all the information he believed I should have. I liked his demeanor and his opinions and was very happy to have sat and spoke to him and have him examine me. From there, I went to the surgical coordinator who gave me a price quote....well, the original price was $15,200, but since they are a group practice and have PLENTY of discounts available, the FINAL price for a BA(silicone), BL, and Brachioplasty= $7,449!!!!! YEEEEEIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!! I WIN!!!!!!! Best part, grandma is paying for it ALL!!!!!! Even better, she threw in two free sessions of laser treatment to quit smoking, which is a must by tomorrow, since surgery is only 15 days away as of today and I need to be smoke free for atleast 14 days!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! So on May 14th I am getting a BA, BL, AND arms for half of what I was quoted anywhere else!!!!!! And yes, I have to drive to lauderhill, about 65 miles away from me, but SOOOOOOOOOO worth it!!!! I also saw alot of before and afters, many of which were post bariatric surgery patients and LOVE the results....I have heard from MANY that is a GREAT surgeon and that he is VERY good at what he does, so let's hope I get GREAT results and all goes well. I promise to take before and after pics and share as soon as I can (probably by may the 15th or so)!!! Again, thank you to all *****plied and I will keep you all up to date!!!! 

My son needs a HEALTHY mom for YEARS TO COME!
Proof that miracles CAN happen....I'm THIN!!!!

Redhaired
on 5/1/09 7:02 am, edited 5/1/09 7:36 am - Mouseville, FL
Congratulations.  I hope it goes well for you. 

I am troubled that you said "most" of the surgeons are board certified.  I would not let anyone operate on me that was not board certified.  So please be specific when you sign your release as to who the surgeon will be.  Have you checked your surgeons out on the State of Florida Medical website?  I think this is a must for anyone considering a plastic surgeon in Florida.  http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00profiling/searchform.asp

Red

I just checked Dr. Nees on the state of Florida website and I think it is imperative that you check the site
http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00profiling/ProfileOPTIONS.asp ?LicId=28911&ProfNBR=1501
before going forward with surgery.  What I saw was very troubling. 

Red

BigCityGirl
on 5/1/09 1:20 pm - San Diego, CA
Johny,

Your surgeon has been in lots of trouble both in the State of Washington - where it looks like he lost his medical license and he's also been suspended in Florida, fined and had lots of disciplinary actions......  Read though this stuff and please reconsider - there are many excellent plastic surgeons in the State of Florida who are in good standing with the Medical Board.

I wish you the best.  Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
gypsywoman6789
on 5/1/09 9:57 am - Hudson, NH
SO HAPPY TO HEAR THE UPDATE!  PLEASE KEEP US POSTED.  As I told you when I responded to your prior post, we are moving to Sunrise this summer so I will have any additional plastics done down there and Lauderhill is not far from our house at all.  So I will be anxious to see your before and afters and to hear the updates as you progress!  That is a kicka## price for those 3 surgeries.  I was quoted just over 6k in NH for just a BL.  I'm going to have to check out their website.

Good luck!
O. Kufi
on 5/1/09 11:27 am
Awesome!!  You can feel your excitement. God speed to be smoke free, a speedy recovery and minimal pain!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active