Week 3 Pics Posted

gypsywoman6789
on 4/30/09 1:36 am - Hudson, NH
Just posted my post op pics 3 weeks out.  I can't wait to be able to compare preop to week 8 once I get there!  Can't figure out how much is swelling  or if this is what I will still look like at week 8 or whatever.  Guess time will tell!
islander
on 4/30/09 4:42 am - Middletown, RI
Looks great!
At 3 wks. you still have LOTS of swelling. I didn't actually feel much relief until wk. 6.  At wk. 9 or 10 now, I still have some.

gypsywoman6789
on 4/30/09 4:46 am - Hudson, NH
I've just been going with the flow so far with the swelling and stuff.  There are days or times that I know I am blown up but I'm getting impatient and starting to wonder if this is as good as it will look, which quite honestly, is so much better than what I did look like, would be okay too.  I know the swelling takes weeks/months to resolve but can't help but dwell on it since I've got nothing better to do to keep my mind off of it!  Thanks for the encouragement.
Wendy_Canada
on 4/30/09 7:46 am - Canada
To me you look AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   congrats.   I looked at your before picture then this 3 weeks and it blows my mind.  I am waiting for my tummy tuck and breast lift scheduled for June 29th.  I would have had it sooner but i was planning it around the summer holidays of the office. I am getting impatient and can hardly wait to get rid of this ( i call it fat) everyone else calls it skin.
I went from 327 pounds down to current 140 so you can imagine the skin i have.

You are really an inspiration to me.  I am watching your posts and everytime i get a little nervous say " i'm going to look like  you do".  There are a lot of women on this board that i look up to and I thank everyone of you for sharing your stories and pictures. 

Wendy (Canada)

gypsywoman6789
on 4/30/09 9:24 am - Hudson, NH
Thank you!  And I am happy to share since like you, I read all the posts and gathered all the info from those that went before me.

I would have loved to have my BL done at the same time but wasn't mentally ready for it just yet.

Wow, 327 to 140 that is amazing.  You must feel so good, but I know the skin/fat holds you back.  I was 263 at my heaviest and weighed 166 the day of my plastic surgery, the lowest I had gotten down to was 147 but not for long.   Right now I am hovering around 157 and I'm hoping that will come down once all the swelling is settled out.

You must be going crazy waiting for June 29th!  But it will be so worth it in the end.  Are you having an actual tummy tuck w/muscle tightening or just a panniculectomy?  Mine was just a panniculectomy.

Be sure to take before and after pics because you will forget what you looked like before.  And once you have it done, you won't recognize your own body in the mirror, its a very weird experience.

Best of luck and feel free to ask questions.

Caroline
Wendy_Canada
on 4/30/09 11:10 am - Canada
Hi Caroline

My province insurance pays for the panni (only up to $500) but i am paying the rest and said i wanted a tummy tuck.  He examined me twice and said he didn't understand my pushing for the stomach muscle being done because mine was tight.  I said heyyyyyyyyy i'm 56 and had a kid but he also said the working out at  the gym had paid off so i am having the skin from the belly button down from hip to hip and the skin from above the belly button up to under the breasts as well as the breast lift in the first surgery June 29th.  then i am going back in september for my arms. 

I THINK i can understand what you mean by not going to recognize my own body.  i keep folding in my tummy and pulling up my boobs to TRY and get an idea. (don't laugh hahahahaha)
I have been very heavy from the time i was 16 to now the age of 56.  Its been ME for so long I don't know how i will react.  It took me ages before i could see that i wasn't the 327 pound woman anymore and my family and friends thought i had lost my mind. 

thanks for offering to be here for any question i am sure I will take you up on that.  Keep up the posts and again YOU LOOK FANTASTIC.

wendy

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/09 10:08 pm
jakes_mom03
on 4/30/09 10:01 am - Canada
You look amazing!  Looking at the before and after shots is incredible.  What a difference.  Getting rid of all that skin must feel great and to think you will getting even smaller must feel even better.
Shelley

gypsywoman6789
on 4/30/09 10:20 am - Hudson, NH
Thanks, I just reorganized my pics so that each side view is grouped together from preop to wk 3 so its easier to compare the  differences. 
mom23reds
on 4/30/09 11:41 am - Bryan, TX
My 3 week post-op pictures just got posted too! I'm impressed you can wear underwear! I still can't tolerate anything touching the incision other than the binder. I'm also still having drainage from the hole where the drain was. I posted a picture of that too. That's 7 days after the drain was pulled and it still looks raw.

I'm pretty much on couch potato status until the drainage stops and I hate it!

Susan

Most Active