Insurance Approval...UHC

Mere
on 4/30/09 6:03 am - st louis, MO

Hi Guys,

I am in the beginning stages of seeking insurance approval for my plastics.  I have UHC and heard that they are a bit more likely to approve some plastics.  I have several things that need to be done and was wondering, for those of you with UHC, what procedures you had covered by the insurance as well as any other info you may have.  Also, if any of u are the STL area which doctors you might recommend.  Thanks In Advance.

Mere 

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. 
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 4/30/09 6:14 am
what are you trying to get done?

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Faith *
on 4/30/09 6:18 am

Hi Mere!

I  have UHC as well and plastics aren't covered.  It depends on what your employer and UHC have negotiated as part of the contract.  Good luck to you. 

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Mere
on 4/30/09 6:47 am - st louis, MO
Faith,

Actually a few of people that work for my company have had plastics approved that have had the surgery so I may have a shot.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. 
Mere
on 4/30/09 6:33 am - st louis, MO
Hey Trina,

I need a tummy tuck and some excess skin on my thighs and knees removed.  My knees are horrible...I can't wear short skirts for anything because of my knees. 

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 4/30/09 11:51 am
Mere - I had approvals from UHC for pannis removal and now a abdominoplasty.  The panniculetomy is usually a good bet if the PS  documents it well enough - now, the ONLY reason I got my abdominoplasty covered is because my first PS jacked up my pannis removal - now the only way to fix me IS a tummy tuck - ironic huh?

The key is the doc's office and insurance staff - they have to build a case for you - you gotta find one that can WORK the system!!!!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Deb *.
on 4/30/09 6:50 am

I had UHC under Countrywide and had my panniculectomy covered in under 10 days.  I had my PCP, GYN and chiropractor write letters of medical necessity and then my PS submitted those with her documentation and pictures.

Debbi

elgntjay
on 4/30/09 7:01 am - OH

I was denied by uhc yesterday. I think i needed more documentation. So make sure u have all the info possible. I am going to appeal with more info.  Hope everything works out well for u

Jessica

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/09 9:18 pm
kimtindall
on 5/2/09 3:22 am - Jacksonville, FL
My hubby carries us on his UHC policy through his employer and I was denied 2 times by them for a Panni and then requested a level 3 appeal that was outside and it was approved in 2 weeks!  DON'T EVER QUIT!!

Kim 

Most Active