When did you change over to Spanx from binder?

gypsywoman6789
on 4/29/09 12:31 pm - Hudson, NH
I am 3 weeks post anchor cut panni removal.  PS told me I could stop wearing the binder at wk 4.  I see alot of people post that they first went to spanx or flexees or something similar after the binder.  At what point did you switch over to this type of support?  I tried on my Flexees tonight (I bought one after my wls but it never did fit right, now it fits, doesn't roll down)  but it hurt to pull it up and over my belly right now, still sore and swollen.  So just curious what other peoples experiences have been with spanx etc.  And how long did you continue to wear the spanx?

Thanks.

PS - Wk 3 pics coming soon!
TheCheshireCat
on 4/29/09 10:23 pm
I'm 5 weeks post op from a LBL w/belt lipectomy. My PS said I didn't have to wear my compression garment after the first week though I still did because it helped with swelling. I think it was during week three that I started to wear my Spanx. The high waisted ones that go down to the knees. It was a little hard to get it over the incision at first but it's not a problem now. I have been having swelling in my thighs and when I wear my Spanx, it helps a bunch. So I still wear them at 5 weeks. I hope to be free of them eventually! I didn't get tightened up and smoothed out to wear a girdle!
ilyssajane
on 4/30/09 12:32 am - Forest Hills, NY
I switched to my Flexees around 3 - 4 weeks post anchor cut TT.   Basically when I had to start functioning again and venture out to work is when I switched.  I continued to wear mine for another 3 - 4 weeks once I went back to work.  So I stopped fully wearing something by the time I was 8 weeks post op.  I never wore spanx b/c I felt they didn't give enough support.  I did also use Mirclesuit brand which I liked the best, but I found Flexees good too!

Good luck!!!!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

Most Active