scheduled the laser treatment of my miles of scars!!

Susan S.
on 4/29/09 7:15 am - Roselle, NJ
 I'm six weeks out from medial thigh - 8 weeks from brachio and booblets - and I guess 8 months out from LBL........so - on May 11th I'm having all my scars treated to fade them a bit - the laser works most effectively when the scars are still pink/red - as it blasts the hemoglobin locked in the scar tissue.   I will apparently  look pretty bruised and beaten up - but it will be worth it.

I'm on my way to Georgia next week to visit Georgia Boy - to show him the new girls! : )   Hope he likes them as much as I do!!     Trying to catch up on how everybody is doing - I was swamped last week and didn't get on as much as I usually do.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

BarbD
on 4/29/09 7:32 am - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with
Are you having all your scars lasered or just a couple areas? 
What do they say the "off work" time/recuperation will be from the laser?
Will the scars continue to heal/fade on their own over time even after the laser?
I'm almost 4 months out from my brachio.  My doctor thought the scars looked great
at my 3 month checkup; I wish they looked better.  I knew going in what to expect and
I'm not sorry I did it, but with summer approaching I wish the arms looked better.
Let us know how it works out for you.  Barb
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/09 10:00 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Susan,
Congrats on both the upcoming laser treatment and the trip to Georgia....I'm sure you are very excited about seeing Georgia Boy.  I hope you have a GREAT TIME.  

Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/09 2:20 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13

Susan,

Good luck on both the laser treatment and the trip to Georgia!

Lisa

ShirleyG
on 4/29/09 8:39 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Susan
What type of laser is it and how does it work exactly AND LOL , what does it cost..  I would love to do the thigh ones especaily where the scar goes to the knee.
HAVE FUN in Georgia,,  You will be close to me ,,where in Ga goes your sweety live as in town .
Hugs
Shirl
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/09 10:00 pm
Cynthia L.
on 4/30/09 12:20 am - Clarence, NY
I've had my face and neck lasered x 3, and just did forearms and hands (1 out of 3), but never knew about using it to lessen scars.  I've not started my plastics yet (going for the full Monte once I'm done losing) so this is wonderful info to have.  Thanks for sharing it.

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

Most Active