Brachioplasty Recovery?

doreenh
on 4/28/09 7:44 pm - Meredith, NH

I was wondering how laid up you are after surgery?  I'm getting my arms done in 10 days.  I've made some appointments etc, since I'm going to have the week off.  Will I be able to drive etc.  Also had bad did you feel right after the surgery?  I'm getting it done a couple hours away from home and want to warn hubby if I'm going to me miserable.

bwcakrysta
on 4/28/09 9:58 pm - MN
Hi there,
I had my arms done 1 month ago today.  I was on pain meds for about 10 days, so not able to drive until after that.  I was off work 3 weeks and was pretty much ready to go back at that time.  I still have some mild pain in my forearms and hands as the nerves repair themselves and lots of swelling at the elbows.  I was surpised that I was on the pain meds for that long, as I normally am able to get off of them after 3-4 days.  This were more pain then I was expecting.
Good luck!
Krysta
h

BigCityGirl
on 4/29/09 1:03 am - San Diego, CA
I was on pain meds for two days, driving after that.  Back to work in two weeks.  I wouldn't be doing any lifting for at least six weeks.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Kathie L.
on 4/29/09 2:05 am - Castaic, CA

I had my arms done last November (along w/ breast lift and face/lower face lift). I was out from work for 2 weeks and not able to drive during that time. During the first few days I actually couldn't do anything with my arms. My husband fed me, brushed my teeth for me, helped me to dress and wash my hair. Dr. said to not lift anything heavier than a t.v. remote control.

It's now been 5 months since surgery and it's still difficult for me to stretch very much; eg., reaching for the little socks at the back of the clothes dryer or dressing with tight fitting things that go over my head. I know it will continue getting better but I love my results.

Good luck! 

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/29/09 2:13 am - OH
I had mine done last September and was off work for 3 weeks (I had a mons lift at the same time), but was still hvaing a fair amount of pain (mostly in my armpits) for several weeks.  I was able to do eveyrthing I needed to do (albeit SLOWLY) except lifting and stretching arms above my head (I bent over and lowered my head in the shower to wash my hair instead of raising my arms up) and driving after the first week.  Driving was difficult, because it hurt to move my arms too much... so even once I was off the pain meds after the second week, I tried to limit it as much as possible.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ilyssajane
on 4/29/09 4:01 am - Forest Hills, NY
Hi!

I had mine done along w/ LOTS of lipo 3 1/2 months ago.  I woke up in MISERABLE pain from surgery, I was on pain meds for about 10 - 12 days and off from work for 3 weeks.  I don't drive b/c I like in NYC, but it was tuff to get back on the train b/c I was scared to hold on if I had to stand.  I couldn't lift my arms up to wash my own hair for about 2 1/2 weeks, but I didn't push myself either, if hubbie offered, I took it, figured it would be better for my surgery.  I can do almost everything at this point, but I am notice I can't carry as much as I used to.  But I can strech bend and flex with no problems!  The first couple of weeks back at work my forarms and hands hurt, but that was to be expected.  I feel great now and just so much more confident!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

Susan S.
on 4/29/09 7:09 am - Roselle, NJ
 I was able to do anything I needed to (wash hair etc - with limited reach) the next morning and was driving by 3 day postop.  I"ve had lots of plastics - the brachio was the least of them.........if you have lipo etc. or your arms are heavy with tissue - swelling issues can be a little worse - but that's why you wear compression.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

doreenh
on 4/29/09 7:31 am - Meredith, NH
Thanks all!  At least now I have somke idea of what to expect.  Dr told me out of work 10-14 days, but we never got how limited I would be after.

DEBI R.
on 4/29/09 6:12 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I had a LBL and arms done 3 weeks ago Wedneday and came back to work Monday of this week.

I'm still not driving and lifting anything heavy but was able to use my arms right after surgery. I see the surgeon again next Tuesday and should be cleared to drive then.

Good luck with your surgery. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active