Eeeek, reality strikes!

Tantrica
on 4/29/09 6:45 am - An Army Base, XX
I recieved approval for a consult from Tricare on Tuesday for a TT and my apt is on the 6th!!  I don't have a choice of surgeon since we are in a remote location and there is only one option.  I did check him out a bit and his credentials look good, he has no past or present litigation, is on staff and surgery will be preformed at a hospital not a clinic, and he is a member of the ABPS.  I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to ask him at my consult.  I was expecting a long wait to prepare for this apt and a week has me a little terrified!  They actually wanted me to come in tomorrow but its an 8 hour drive for me and I couldn't do it on such short notice!

Kari

azreggie
on 4/29/09 9:34 am - Tucson, AZ
I'm excited for you.  How did you get a refferal so quick?  I have Tricare too and am right behind you for plastics, I hope.

Reggie

Tantrica
on 4/29/09 10:40 am - An Army Base, XX
Hi Reggie,

I went in to my PCM and explained to him that between the rashes under my belly and the fact that it is really uncomfortable to exercise with it or in a full body binder tht I'd really like to look in to having it removed.  He checked out the rash and agreed that it was time to get rid of it!  He put in my referral to Tricare on Monday, the approval came in yesterday and I called for an apt. today!  Here in Alaska the demand for Plastics is fairly low so the surgeon had an apt available for me immediately, in fact he wanted me to come in TOMORROW!  I couldn't make the 8 hour drive on such short notice so I put it off a week so I can get my travel orders cut and head on down to visit with him.  I was really excited to get the referral letter so quickly and there is even a little note on it that says i meet the requirements and qualify!!

Kari

azreggie
on 4/29/09 1:41 pm - Tucson, AZ
Well, that is just too cool.  I think I'll make another appointment with my pcm and see what happens.  My bat wings flop around like crazy when I use the eliptical.  Maybe I'll mention that too.  I did see my pcm a little while ago and she gave me some steriods for the rash.  I guess its time to bug her again, huh?

Reggie

Tantrica
on 4/29/09 3:49 pm - An Army Base, XX
Yup!  Just keep bugging them about it, they'll get sick of hearing from you eventually!  I've been really lucky here so far, I had no problem getting my referral for surgery and actually had surgery just 2 months after my initial consult.  I called about this rash and had an apt within a week and got my referral immediately.  My PCM is very WLS friendly and feels that if you achieve your goal then the Army SHOULD provide the necessary plastic surgery.  I'm not exactly happy with my bat wings but I'm not so unhappy that I'd have them fixed.  The flap in my case is better than the elbow to arm pit scar I'd have post-op.  I THINK I feel the same way about my thighs, but I'll have to see how they look in shorts this summer before I'm sure!  My only real complaint with my body other than my belly is my hip area.  I have some saddle bags that I'd really prefer not to have.  Maybe someday I'll get a little lipo done there and see if I like them better!

Kari

azreggie
on 4/30/09 2:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Kari, Thanks for all the info.  I'll be watching your progress and I fope you'll keep me posted.  Thanks again.

Reggie

Most Active