Thoughts about Lymph massage

cbhjr98
on 4/29/09 12:38 am
So my PS told me I needed to get Lymph massages - so today I went to a phsyiotheripst who does them. Well I have mixed feelings...

1) I didn't even SEE the doctor. I dont mean he didn't come to see me, I mean I didn't see or hear him in the office AT ALL! Wouldn't you think that a new patient that the doctor would come in and talk to you at least?

2) so they rubbed their hands up and down my legs - that's about it. Didn't do much else. Didn't even touch the back side (where the LBL scar goes all the way around).

Is this normal? Is this your experiances? Tell me what you think and have experianced... What SHOULD I have expected because this wasn't it!!!  I dont feel it was worth getting out of my body suit for - ugh!

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
ilyssajane
on 4/29/09 3:55 am - Forest Hills, NY
Hi Cass,

My PS suggested I go as well, and I did, I went for six, one hour sessions w/ a massage therapist and I really do not see a difference.  And it cost me a pretty penny since my insurance would not cover it.  But yes, what they did to you is all they did to me as well.  I love the woman who did it, and I will go back to her for regular massage (half the cost of Manual Lymph Drainage), but I think I am done w/ MLD. 

Good luck!!!

Ilyssa
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

Danielle H.
on 4/30/09 12:47 am - Atlanta, GA
I asked my chiropractor about it and was told that its really just a very light touch massage working towards the upper lymph nodes  -like someone is barely touching because the nodes are on the surface of the skin.

I can share that I've had great success with cold laser therapy - it reduces the swelling greatly and I really notice a difference when I go do it vs when I don't.  It takes 20 min - 10 for each side since I had the LBL.  No pain and you don't even feel it, just a laser on the scar.

I'd check around and ask a chiro if you have one, not all offer it, but there is new research for PS that suggests it helps with healing.  I'll try to find the article she gave me and post it.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Most Active