Had LBL 2 weeks ago..

txgirl26
on 4/27/09 11:08 am - fort worth, TX
Just curious...after having my LBL 2 weeks ago I'm wondering how long it will be before I'm not swollen? How do you even know if you are still swollen??
akers123
on 4/27/09 11:11 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
I am 8 weeks out and I just went down a bit in the past week or so.  I do get swollen from time to time, but I can't put a finger on what triggers it.

They say it can last for about 3 months.
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

txgirl26
on 4/27/09 11:12 am - fort worth, TX
I'm excited to see what I look like in 3 months then. I already can see a huge difference and I"m so excited to see the final result. thanks for replying :)
TheCheshireCat
on 4/27/09 11:36 am
I'm 4 1/2 weeks out. If you think back to what you looked like the first day or two after surgery (that's before the swelling really gets going), that's supposedly close to what the final outcome will be. I noticed after several days my waist disappeared and my thighs swelled out like crazy. I looked like I had a man's torso with the "ken doll" mons. Keeping compression on it helps. I either wear my compression garment I got at the hospital or my heavy duty Spanx. It really helps the swelling because it pushed the fluid to deeper tissues and is flushed out of the body... or heads out by way of drains if you still have them.

I too am curious as to when swelling won't be an issue once and for all. I hear a lot of women say they swell after working out or in the evenings after a busy day. Hope this helps some.
totalfreedom
on 4/27/09 11:53 am - Northern CA
hi,

I had LBL, butt aug and thigh lift on 12/29.  Sorry to tell you this, but I still swell.  I don't know what triggers it either.  I know it is worse when I don't eat pineapple and take bromelaine.  My swelling moves around from my low butt/upper thigh incision to my upper incisions at the top of my butt.  I still get occasional swelling in the front above the BB and below the boobs. 

I also had a breast lift at the same time.  I have no swelling in my breasts.

I do have days where the swelling isn't too bad,  I will drop 3 pds in one day.  My PS says it will take time.  It could be 6 months, and probably up to a year will have issues.  he has been right about everything else, open wounds and numbness.  Th numbness is improving thank goodness.

The swelling does vary person to person.  What and how much you had done makes a difference as well it seems.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones whose swelling subsides quickly.

Take care,

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

tcnaegele
on 4/27/09 12:21 pm - madison, IN
i am 2 weeks out and am still so swelled it hurts to wear the compression garment, cant get into any of my clothes either.i was hoping it would only last a week or 2 guess not.i wonder if theres anything you can take to help get rid of the swelling?
txgirl26
on 4/27/09 12:32 pm - fort worth, TX
i have heard to eat pineapple.....that's supposed to help
O. Kufi
on 4/27/09 12:30 pm
I am about 6 months out form several procedures and trust me you will know when you are swollen. I agree to use that first day to tell what to expect after all is said and done. I do not expereience swelling anymore, and boy am I glad, it is annoying. Yea! 
Congratualtions on your surgery!

LBL, BA/BL, Brachioplasty, Medial Thigh Lift: Dr F Sauceda....Monterrey----- Happy GAl! 

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

brenda F.
on 4/28/09 2:33 am - whitney, TX
Lady with each new pic ,you get more beautiful .hugs Brenda in TX .
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
O. Kufi
on 4/28/09 9:25 am
Thank you Brenda!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active