for those 1 yr+ post PS re: numbness

Cathy 1.
on 4/27/09 2:53 am - Denver, CO
In the past 6 mos., I've had several procedures including LBL, BL, brach -- and, most recently neck. I knew to expect numbness. I am just now starting to get a tad of sensation around the LBL area at almost 6 mos. post. But it is far, far from back to normal (and maybe I should never expect normal?)

I am curious to hear from those who are well past their PS recovery -- perhaps 1 - 2 yrs out from surgery -- and whether/when they regained anything near normal sensation. And is there anything which can help this other than waiting?

Thanks so much in advance for your answers
C 1
ng
on 4/27/09 7:29 am - Southwest, LA

june would be 2 years.  i have sensation similar to feeling you have when dentist numbs your mouth, and your cheek has sensation but feels numb.

ilyssajane
on 4/29/09 4:16 am - Forest Hills, NY
Hi Cathy!

I had my TT 2 years ago February 2007 and I honestly didn't get all my feeling back yet.  My hubbie will trace his finger along the incision line and I just barely feel it.  My belly button is still pretty numb.  I just had my brachio in January 2009 and I feel NOTHING along the incision lines at all, but I know it will take lots of time! 

Just wait, there really isn't much else you can do.

Good luck!!!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

Most Active