This is the infection I think I'm dealing with

dowseras
on 4/26/09 10:33 am, edited 4/26/09 10:38 am - Bloomfield Hills, MI
I'm not doing so well. I'm almost 6 weeks post op from tummy tuck + plication and my pain levels are back to about week 1 and 2. I'm pretty much back to hanging out on the couch (no pain meds though). I posted earlier in the week about my possible infections. My PS said not to worry unless I got a fever. I never got a fever, so I didnt worry. But now, instead of a hole in one spot, its in 2 spots...and still oozing really bad yellow stuff, and blood.

Edit: Forgot to add that I go for my 2nd post-op visit tomorrow so hopefully we'll get this taken care of.

May be a little graphic...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

David ..
on 4/26/09 10:36 am - Hartford, CT
I think you need to call you PS and go in for a office visit....You might need more than just the pain meds..you're 6 weeks out and have pain like 2 weeks..... Yeah call and get an office visit this week....
dowseras
on 4/26/09 10:38 am - Bloomfield Hills, MI
Sorry, I forgot to add I go into tomorrow for a post-op visit.
RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

sc62
on 4/26/09 11:09 am - NJ
I am sorry you are going through this.  I hope you get some good news on your appointment tomorrow.   Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sandy

MaryS
on 4/26/09 12:06 pm - Long Island, NY
I ended up with a very painful infection after my lower body lift. I also never had a fever with the infection. Best of luck with your follow-up tomorrow.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Jeni
on 4/26/09 3:46 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Go to the doctor, you can have an infection without a fever.

My panni was two months ago and I'm still dealing with complications.

I had an infected seroma the size of a baseball that required surgery, and tested positive for MRSA, and my temp in the ER was 98.4.

Good luck!

Stop telling God how big your storm is and starting telling your storm how big your God is!

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 4:09 pm
ng
on 4/27/09 7:39 am - Southwest, LA
i had a tt a week ago today, and tomorrow i go for my 3rd visit.  i guess my ps likes to be really hands on or something but he sees you often especially at first.  i am so sorry you are going through all this.  your pictures look really painful.  hope you get better quickly.  good luck!
Most Active