Introducing myself

dec721
on 4/26/09 7:31 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hi everyone.  I hang out on the sleeve forum, but as I have just scheduled a brachioplasty for July 10, I thought I'd pop over here and get acquainted.  I'm not new to plastic surgery; had a tummy tuck and breast reduction in 2003.  But these arms!  Bat wings!  I'm a church music director, and when I conduct ... flap flap flap!  It is awful.  Can't wait to be flap-free!

I had hoped to get an inner thigh lift at the same time, but the surgeon talked me out of it.  He said that for the amount of skin I have (droopy but not excessive, and my thighs don't rub together, thankfully), he wouldn't recommend it -- tough recovery because of where the incisions are, etc etc.  Anyway, it didn't take much un-convincing.  In fact, if I didn't swim, I wouldn't even be thinking about it, but I would have liked to look better in a bathing suit.

Sooo, since he talked me out of the thigh lift, I decided to have my under-eye pooches removed!  I hate them.  They make me look OLD!  So arms and eyes in two and a half months.  I can hardly wait!

Any of you all who can tell me about your experience with those two surgeries, I'd be much obliged :-)

--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Kelly V.
on 4/26/09 8:46 am - Galion, OH

Oh my how exciting for you!!  The thing that stinks with the brachio is you never really understand how much you use your full range of motion untill you don't have it.  I am a little over 4 months out and I still struggly a bit reaching for high things.  I feel the tightness in my underarms.

I am actually going to have a revision done.  My right arm looks ok but my left arm doesn't look like he did anything.  I will be going to the surgeon who did my TBL and he said I wouldn't need the armpits redone.

The armpits are what is the hardest in my opinion.

Good Luck!! and Welcome

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 3:31 pm
Most Active