Is it my left side or just me?

David ..
on 4/26/09 10:34 am - Hartford, CT
I had a full TT 2 years ago this month (Apr-2007). Back then and still til this very day I notice that the left side is a bit bigger than my right…or some would say the right is a bit smaller than the left…LOL   I’m 6 days off from bilateral hip and butt lift and I notice that my left side looks a bit bigger and is more swollen than the right.. I can see and feel that may be more fat and tissue was removed from my right side than my left.       I know I need to wait until the swelling goes down…to really get a full picture of the outcome. Has anyone have/had this issue?   
dowseras
on 4/26/09 10:48 am - Bloomfield Hills, MI
I'm almost 6 weeks and I already notice this. My left side sticks out more than my right. It's weird.
RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

David ..
on 4/26/09 10:57 am - Hartford, CT

Yeah it is weird...what did you have done?   I notice this with my TT days out and it's been 2 years now.  I notice this with my hip and butt lift too...  BTW its its the same PS..

dowseras
on 4/26/09 10:58 am - Bloomfield Hills, MI
TT with ab plication
RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

cbhjr98
on 4/26/09 2:56 pm
From the day I got out of surgery I've said something is weird about my left side. It tingles/numbs different than my right and it seems bigger as well. In my binder/body suit, it is very evident. Of course the doc says "give it time" - who knows.

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
DEBI R.
on 4/26/09 3:53 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I had surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago and my left side is larger than my right side. I'm beginning to think that he took more off of the right than the left but hopefully it's just swollen more.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

gypsywoman6789
on 4/26/09 10:21 pm - Hudson, NH
Ok, this is just so bizarre because my left side is the only side that "bothers" me.  I'm only 3 weeks out but my left side is and always has been more swollen than my right.  And I have these zingining sensations on my left side but not on my right.  I swore that my PS must have worked on the right side while the resident must have done work on my left side!  PS told me the sensations were  normal from where the fascia hadn't reattached just yet, they have lessened some lately.

Maybe if the left side is truly bigger once all the swelling goes down, they could do some lipo to even it out?
BigCityGirl
on 4/27/09 2:30 am - San Diego, CA
I have no symetry issues from any of my surgeries but it's not out of the question to ask for a revision.  I'm sure your surgeon will want to restore symetry.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 2:48 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I didn't have the LBL or TT yet but with my recent arm surgery my Right Arm is much worse than the left...the right is still very swollen and much bigger than the left.  I see the surgeon later this week and will be asking why the BIG difference.

Good luck with your healing.
Most Active