Incision care

dowseras
on 4/27/09 2:38 am - Bloomfield Hills, MI
It's a brownish color and it's by 3M called "Micropore".

I have never had any issues in the shower. It sticks really well and it's a pain to get off. But it's worth it.

RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 2:49 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Interesting, I'll have to check it out.  THANKS for the info !
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/27/09 2:18 am, edited 4/27/09 2:19 am - OH
I did not use silicon strips on ANY of my PS incisions (or incisiosn from any other surgeyr for that matter).  My arms are the only place where I have a couple of spots where you can feel the incisions (and most fo thsoe are down along the sides of my breasts... everywhere else (including on most places on my arms) the incisions are flat and thin and white.

I tried Mederma on some places on one fo my incisions, put Vitamin E oil on the next section, and then put nothing on the final section of the incision, and the difference between the 3 sections is almost imperceptible (but if I had to choose, the Mederma section doesn't look quite as good as the other two sections... so in my experience, doing nothing but putting my normal moisturizer on it worked fine and it wasnt; worth the money or the hassle of the oil or Mederma). 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 2:28 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Interesting test results (cream, no cream.)...... really makes you wonder what is best to do..  I guess it can't hurt putting the cream on anyway...
Thanks!
Most Active