Incision care

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 3:21 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm curious.......did you use any silicone gel strips on your incision?
If you did not use them did your incision heal flat or raised?

It is my understanding that it is a good idea to use them so the incision heals flat but man it's a pain in the neck putting them on and taking them off 2-3 times a day....plus around the armpit they just do not want to stay on. 

Also, what kind of cream did you put on the incision to help it heal and fade??

Thanks for sharing!
Ruth
malynn
on 4/26/09 4:24 am
so far i still have the tape that the dr put on after surgery.  I have my first post op appt  tomorrow so we will see what he puts on it then but that tape is like stuck on the incision and some actually came off and it hurt like hell. 
MelissaF
on 4/26/09 6:48 am - Northwood, IA
I know my surgeon will use them (surgery Tuesday) and I have no idea what the aftercare will be with them.  I will let you know once I am instructed and on the other side if you like.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 2:31 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I must say I used them on by boobs after surgery and all the incision lines are beautifully flat except the one spot I kept missing....so I think they really helped with the boobs.  That's why I started them on the arms but I'm having second thoughts.  Guess I'll stick it out a while longer.......

Good luck tomorrow at your appointment with your surgeon.  If you have time let me know what he says....I'm always interested in other opinions.
Thanks
Ruth
gypsywoman6789
on 4/26/09 7:03 am - Hudson, NH
I didn't use anything on my incisions after I took off the initial dressings, just wore a tank top under my binder so it didn't rub directly on the incisions.  My surgeon told me not to use any kind of creams/lotions on the incisions for at least 4 weeks, preferably 6 weeks.  I'm going to look into Mederma when its time but I've heard varying reports on whether or not it makes a difference.
dowseras
on 4/26/09 9:20 am - Bloomfield Hills, MI
My surgeon gave me a few rolls of tape to use on my incisions, changing the tape every 5-7 days...and to continue that for 3 months postop.
RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

MelissaF
on 4/26/09 7:26 pm - Northwood, IA
Can u shower with your silicone tape??? How does it stay on?  Thanks!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 2:27 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
You have to take the silicone strips off to shower.....
I take them off to shower and twice a day to put scar cream on.  It's a royal pain in the @$$, that's why I'm wondering if I really need to do it.  I sure don't want thick raised scars but so for now I'm still doing it.  I see the surgeon on Weds and will ask if it's still needed.

dowseras
on 4/27/09 2:37 am - Bloomfield Hills, MI
It's a brownish color and it's by 3M called "Micropore".

I have never had any issues in the shower. It sticks really well and it's a pain to get off. But it's worth it.

RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 2:33 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
What kind of tape?  Is it actually Silicone gel tape?  I've never seen it in a "roll".  Would you mind telling me the name/brand of the tape?
THANKS!!
Ruth
Most Active