Boobie aug - under skin or muscle?

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 4/24/09 1:57 am, edited 4/24/09 4:56 am

I am going to go out on faith and start thinking about this before i get word on my approval......

What's the big difference in having implants under the skin vs. muscle?  which is better for post WLS patients?

i used to wear a 56L and now am in a 38DDD but have little to no fat left, so the girls are kissing belly button... LOL!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Siamak Agha MD PhD
on 4/24/09 4:20 am, edited 4/24/09 4:21 am - Newport Beach, CA

There is really not much of a choice.  If you are post-bariatric, your mammary fold and skin will not keep an implant in place for a long time.  The best option is internal reconstruction of the mammary fold to reinforce it and then implant placement under the muscle. Most people will require a breast lift and the best one designed for post-bariatric patients is the "Dermal Suspension Mastopexy" pioneered by Peter Rubin and myself. 

For more information on various post-bariatric procedures and photos, see:

www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/b/

Siamak Agha MD PhD
Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgery
Specializing in Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
www.plasticsurgerycal.com

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 4/24/09 4:53 am
Wow!  THANKS!  I had no idea - hadn't talked through the details with my doc yet, was just searching on the web.

i will definitely check out the link you gave.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Beamer
on 5/27/09 11:12 am - AL
I am so impressed that you are willing to share information with us here.   I am debating on a BL and BA.  I have gone from a 40 D to a 34 A and getting very discouraged.  I will probably try to stay close to home here in Alabama.  My problem is that I have a Ankylosing Spondylitis (a connective tissue disorder) and when I had  consult, they recommended an over the muscle implant.   Any suggestions.  

Because He Lives....

KaRaMeL BoMbSheLL
on 4/25/09 3:32 am - Dallas, TX
Hey MM I am scheduled for a BA with lift and TT on my B-DAY(June 5). I went from a 44DD to a 34 barely B(actually the name of the bra) my PS advised that since I have little to no breast tissue unders the best. TTYL Chica and Good Luck!

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."
-Bernard Bailey

Beamer
on 12/18/10 7:56 am - AL
Thanks for your advice.

Because He Lives....

Most Active