question???

aniduff
on 4/23/09 11:21 am - Red Deer, Canada
VSG on 04/17/08 with
Wow...what did you have done?  I truely am only looking at veneers...I just want a straighter smile...so I wont need anything major.

D.O.S-217
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.

Robert Collier

Emily_Rose
on 4/23/09 10:20 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Ani I dont think that veneers have much chance of infection.  From what I understand they are just cemented to the teeth do it is not like you are drilling into the nerves or anything like that.  I would ask the plastic surgeon about it and you can call a dentist locally and ask if you can get them when you have surgery.  Dont tell him you are going elsewhere :)
Lisa A.
on 4/23/09 10:40 pm
I was in a terrible car accidnet  many many years ago and I went threw a windshield and I was wearing a seat belt but I wa**** behind  by a  semi us mail truck and we were dead stop  when he plowed into  wagon and the result my teeth  were just fractured, I was told that my teeth would eventually  be falling apart and after many years  that is what they did, Well even tho I had  gone strong roots I needed to have crowns on most of my teeth, Some teeth needed root canals and my whole gum line had to have what they call crown lengthing and well they discribe it as a easy procedure (cut the gum line down and grind your jaw down  resew it back  up) it is not it is the most painful surgerey and worst pain in my life I ever experienced, except when they did the apixification  I have had 8 root cannals  1 apixification ( run if they see u need this worst then crown lengthing )
14 crowns and a beautiful smile. I was hoping for veneers when i went in and they told me the bad news  but I am greatful and I do haave 1 tooth that needs a root canal and crown and I am not  going in as the last time I had my last root canal done I know that one just about did me in at the chair, I swore I was having heart failure, They had to sit me up and I told them not to continue for 30 mins my heart was beating so fast and i was shaking and i thought i was gonna die,
some time after that last root cannal they discovered I had a heart murmor and I had a full work cardio work  before wls  and a year later after my wls surgery and my heart valves were just fine and then  over a year i developed mild weak valves and mild pulmonary hypertension and I lost 100 lbs and my heart got worst? Had to be all that dental work. I am gonna be fine as far as my heart is concered it is extremly mild and doc told me nothing  they can do and alot of  people have this condition and live a ful life w/o any more additional problems and fact I  take care of my self now and exercise is key to  not progressing any further, My heart is stronger today  and also not working  as hard, I was still very morbid obese when i had most of the dental  surgery done I should have probally waited tell now to do the dental work not when i was still  235 lbs. I feel great at 162 lbs and pretty smile and flat tummy and soon to be boobies,  I just had medical clearence for my heart and it is doing great .
Most Active