question???

aniduff
on 4/23/09 9:03 am - Red Deer, Canada
VSG on 04/17/08 with
This might be a dumb question, but I really want to know, so I will ask...I am planning on having plastics in Mexico with Dr Sauceda (sp).  But I would really like some cosmetic dentistry done as well....Has anyone gone down there for plastics and saw a cosmetic dentist too?  I was wondering if my body would be able to handle the stress of it all.  I do not plan on doing everything at once.  I thought I would start with my lower body and then go back again for my upper body...so, if I was going to do the dentist too...would I be better off doing it with the upper or the lower???
Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

D.O.S-217
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.

Robert Collier

BigCityGirl
on 4/23/09 9:14 am - San Diego, CA
I had dental work done this side of the border but was told specifically by my dentist to wait at least six weeks after major surgery - something about infection. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
gypsywoman6789
on 4/23/09 10:28 am - Hudson, NH
Have you looked into having your dentistry done here but at one of the dental schools.  Sorta the same concept as having plastics done at the teaching hospitals in the states.  Might be worth looking into even if you have to travel a distance, at least you won't have to have it done in Mexico.
aniduff
on 4/23/09 10:39 am - Red Deer, Canada
VSG on 04/17/08 with
I am Canadian and I don't think there would be much difference in cost from here to there...But I do think Mexico would be cheaper...Even than a school.  I don't mind the idea of going to Mexico...I had my Sleeve there, have a referal to a good PS there, and I am sure that the PS will be able to recommend a good cosmetic dentist as well.  So, it looks like I might need to travell down 3 times rather than 2...I think I can handle that!!  LOL.

D.O.S-217

Robert Collier

Emily_Rose
on 4/23/09 10:17 pm - Fort Worth, TX
How do you find out about schools?  I have heard there is one in my state but dont know where to start to find them
gypsywoman6789
on 4/23/09 11:20 pm - Hudson, NH
If you scroll through some of the recent posts on this msg board, someone just posted a link to where you can find a list of the medical schools that have residency programs.
Emily_Rose
on 4/24/09 12:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks!
DiDi55
on 4/23/09 11:13 am - GA
VSG on 09/15/08 with
There was a 60 minutes special recently on the dentists in Mexico, they were fairly inexpensive compared to the US.  I would ask Dr. Sauceda for a recommendation, you could do a consult while on the first trip and maybe schedule it for your second trip. 

ohcardsmdi.jpg picture by lynnca1972

aniduff
on 4/23/09 11:18 am - Red Deer, Canada
VSG on 04/17/08 with
That was kinda what I was thinking...but I guess I will have to find out what the risks are...I don't want my mouth infected...ewwww!!!  LOL

D.O.S-217

Robert Collier

Lisa A.
on 4/23/09 11:18 am
I had over 30k of dental work done and to be honest I would never do both at the same time it is very hard on your heart and risk of infection could be very high, I had some minor heart problems after my dental work, I now have mild weak valves and mild pulmonary hypertension, My suggestion do not risk your heath, I did this dental work over a year, and very hard on your body. I had no idea how hard dental work can be on your body.
Lisa

Most Active