Insurance denied, How did you fight it?

Dawn the Twinsmom
on 4/23/09 3:18 am - Worcester, MA

I just found out my insurance denied my Pannulectomy and inner thigh lift. I cannot live looking like this, it is not just vanity reasons, if I do not keep area under my panni dry and powdered, I get horrible yeast infections in the area.

So were you able to get approved after 1st denial? If it matters, I have Tufts insurance. I had tooth and nail for my RNY, and will fight for this. I am just so upset right now.

Any suggestions?

Dawn

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.

MelissaF
on 4/23/09 5:35 am - Northwood, IA
What was the reason given for the denial... ?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

bamagirlee
on 4/23/09 7:15 am - Phenix City, AL
Dawn,
I would ask your insurance company for a copy of their MEDICAL POLICY concerning that particular surgery. Most of the time there is very specific criteria that must be met and if you follow that to a tee it makes it difficult for them to deny. Begin documenting rashes and other skin issues by taking date stamped digital pics. If they require you seek medical treatment for the rashes, then go see your primary care and keep that documentation.
Find out as much as you can surrounding the denial and start from there.
Best of luck!!!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

KathigME
on 4/23/09 10:50 am - Gorham, ME
yes, what is the reason for the denial?  You should be getting a letter of denial which will explain and also info on how to appeal.  Don't give up!! 
Kathi G.  I LOVE MY RNY!!   
Most Active