LBL How long should I be off work???

Redstrawberri B
on 4/23/09 12:26 am - Dallas, TX
Hey Guys,

How long will I need to take off work for this procedure????

Red
Itotia
on 4/23/09 3:38 am
 Hi sorry, I can't answer but it would be really helpful to those who could if you specified what type of job you have - i.e desk job, if you stand a lot, etc. I am curious how much time people took off depending on their jobs. 
malynn
on 4/23/09 3:46 am
i have a desk job and had a tt on monday and i can tell that i will probably need all of my requested  2 weeks off for recovery and your procedures will be much more involved than mine.
Kelly V.
on 4/23/09 4:44 am - Galion, OH
I had a total body lift and took off 8 days of work.  I had my surgery on Wed took off the rest of the week and the following.  So used the weekends to help heal.  I really think it depends on the person and their pain levels,  complications and type of work.
MelissaF
on 4/23/09 5:39 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Red!

I am having an LBL on Tuesday and I have asked this very question.  The answers I got was anywhere from 2 weeks for a desk job to 8 weeks for a very physical job but most took 6 weeks off or less.  I am a floor nurse and weight restricted on lifting for 6 weeks.  So taking 6 weeks off or planning anyways. Hope this helps!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DEBI R.
on 4/23/09 11:16 am - CORSICANA, TX
Hi Red,

I think it depends on your job and pain level. Also how long you have drains in and if you have to wait until they come out to shower. I took almost 3 weeks off but could have went back sooner because I have a desk job.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 4/23/09 9:54 pm
hey LADY!!!!!

when are you getting your LBL done?

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

martamarta81
on 4/25/09 11:35 pm
Ideally, you should take no less than 3 weeks off, but 2 COULD work if you have a desk job where you really have the flexibility to even go home early if you feel uncomfortable. I was hunched over for 3 weeks. 
* Lost 165 lbs. doing a modified version of Atkins
* BL/Brachioplasty 7/2007
* BA 12/2007
* LBL w/ MR 7/2008

Most Active