When did you decide to go clothes shopping???

gypsywoman6789
on 4/23/09 1:17 pm - Hudson, NH
So I had my panni removal 2 weeks ago.  I know I'm still swollen but already my clothes are too big on me.  I see so many people say they experience swelling anywhere from 6wks to 1 year out.  How do you determine when its time to buy new clothes if you have on again off again swelling??  Or do you buy clothes strategically to allow for bouts of swelling??  I'm not planning on going shopping anytime soon, but I am itching for the day when I can so I can pick up some hot new clothes to show off this new bod!
Lisa A.
on 4/23/09 4:02 pm
I went shopping when my pants fell to my ankles, I bought clothes  2 1/2 months out  and even they r baggy on me now
Lisa
akers123
on 4/23/09 8:16 pm - Charlotte Hall, MD

I waited about 6 weeks and then went shopping only because I had to have things to wear to work.  Aalthough now at 8 weeks out, some of those pants are a bit baggy.

Even at 8 weeks now, the swelling comes and goes!!

Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

BigCityGirl
on 4/24/09 3:14 am - San Diego, CA
I was told to wait three months but I went out at six weeks and bought size 8s and then at three months they were too big.  I lost another size to 6.  My advice is to buy a few items at six weeks- but don't spend a fortune on them - you may still lose another size.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/09 5:22 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Throughout my weight loss I've been buying clothes (haven't had my lower body work done yet)...I always shopped the CLEARANCE rack at Kohl's because I get nice stuff at a GREAT price.  A couple weeks ago I got cute summer capris for $3.00!!!!!!!  I don't feel bad when I shrink out them at this kind of price. 
Most Active