Hematoma

Jane E.
on 4/22/09 11:33 am - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
I had plastics a week ago today.  I formed a terrible hematoma on my right arm.  If anyone has any experience with this, I'd like to hear from you.    It has been a little frightening.   I must say that being in Mexico, at least my doctor kept me in the hospital for 5 days, checking me everyday and more, brought in two partners to look it over, and comes to the hotel every day.   If I'd been home, we could have been broke by now.    I have been getting very good care, though I will be glad to get back to my family.

Jane

BigCityGirl
on 4/22/09 11:43 am - San Diego, CA
I'm a little confused by your post.  I understand the hematoma part but you seem to think that those of us who get surgery here in the USA pay for our follow up care?  It's not true - it's all part of the original fee.  I had lots of visits after my four rounds of plastics and I was charged anything!

About your problem, it's easily resolved.  The doctor needs to aspirate it with a special syringe.  I had one in my neck and it was totally painless and simple to do.  Good luck.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Jane E.
on 4/22/09 11:00 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
Sorry if I offended.  I only meant 5 days in the hospital.  I'm sure that would not have been covered.   Regardless, this is not about money but about my fear of coming home and not being able to get help with this problem in US.   I have heard it is hard to get a doctor to take you on after having plastics somewhere else.

I am having  bleeding problems still with this arm and I am just very fearful.     I also think I am a total ass for having anything done.

Jane

gypsywoman6789
on 4/22/09 11:20 pm - Hudson, NH
Hematomas are common.  You should contact your PCP back home and find out if he will see/treat you for any future issues.  You definitely want to know who you can call once you are home from Mexico.  Some Dr's don't want to get involved, but in all reality, if you have a Dr. they have a responsibility to treat you if you are having an issue. 

You shouldn't feel like an ass for having this done, we deserve to have this done for ourselves.  And lots and lots of people go to Mexico for procedures.  I looked into going to Costa Rica myself but was able to have my insurance cover my panni so I had it done at home.

Relax and focus on healing and don't be aftraid to call your PCP!

Best of Luck.

Caroline
Jane E.
on 4/23/09 6:09 am - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
Thanks Caroline,  I am feeling bettter now.  My doctor just came by the hotel and reassured me that what I am having now is drainage around the drainage tube rather than going into it.  I was afraid it was fresh blood, and it scared me.   He also told me that if it does not totally dissolve that  I can come back in a couple of months and he will take care of it for me, if my dr won't.  He said he would cover all expenses of the trip.   I actually cried, I was so touched.   He is such a sweetheart.

Jane

Lisa A.
on 4/23/09 11:24 am
I had a huge hematoma above my moms are and well area of it still is very hard it is still slowly going down. Takes months
Lisa
Most Active