Went on my first consult today

ericas623
on 4/21/09 11:01 am - Roseville, MI
I took one of my sisters with me because she wants to have a tummy tuck as well.  She ended up getting that and a boob job.  Total cost for her 12,000.00

I went for myself to have a tummy tuck and a thigh lift.  The doctor bursted my bubble today!!!  I have to wait until August to get mine, because I have to be out from GB for 18 months.  She said my insurance will only cover a panni removal-however, she does it like a tummy tuck without the muscle tightening.  I want the tightening.  She said insurance would not cover my thigh lift, which I knew. 

So we are going to do the tummy tuck with the muscle tightening and do the corset tightening as well-insurance will pay a portion, my portion 2000.00.  The thigh lift is going to be done as well.  I did not want the long incision on the inside of my leg.  I told her I would not have it done.  She examined me and said I did not need that one.  She would do the cut in the groin area.  She also addressed the back side, and said if she did anything back there I would not have a butt-I already don't.  She said my back side really did not need to be done.  So my total cost is 6200.00. 

So, I guess it is kind of good that I have to wait until August to have it done.  I have time to save some more money.  I wasn't sure about the thigh lift-now since I have to wait anyways, I know I will be able to come up with the funds by then.  She also stated that her quote is good for 6 months.

Erica
gypsywoman6789
on 4/21/09 11:05 pm - Hudson, NH
If its only going to be 2000 for your share to add the muscle tightening that is definitely worth it.  I just had a "panniculectomy" b/c that is what insurnace would cover, but my surgeon did an anchor cut which kinda gives you tt results without the muscle tightening.

I'm only 2 wks post op but i gotta tell you I am in love with my new body already.  Everyday the swelling comes down a bit more and I look in the mirror and can't believe I have a flat stomach, even though I didn't have the muscle tightening done.

Alot of PS's require that you be at least 18 mos post op from your GB before they will do the surgery and the insurance company may be requiring that also.

August will be here before you know it and just think of how HOT you will look for the holidays!
katiekat412
on 4/22/09 2:35 am
That's great. Thanks for sharing the costs. I'm not at the point of getting the consult yet, but I know I want the surgery. Did you have any issue getting the panni covered? Did you have a lot of extra skin there? I don't want to get my hopes up!!

Thanks again,

Kat

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

ericas623
on 4/22/09 3:04 am - Roseville, MI
With my insurance the only requirement to get the panni removal is a 100 pound weight loss, and maintain that for 6 months.  I do not need documentation of rashes.  I asked the surgeon how much skin I have and she said only a pound or two.  It looks like more too me, but that's what she said

Erica
Most Active