Somethings burning....

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/09 7:58 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Does a burning sensation at the incision mean nerves are starting to heal?  I vaguely recall the surgeon who did my "boobs" said this was the case but I'm not positive.  I've been getting a achy/burning sensation on my arms right at the incision.  I don't think there is any problem with the incision....I suspect it's healing.
Anyone else have this feeling??
DEBI R.
on 4/22/09 8:06 am - CORSICANA, TX
I've had some burning at the back of my left arm several times now, I was thinking it was the nerves waking up but not really sure. I hope you're feeling well. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/09 8:20 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
yeah I'm thinking (and hoping) it's nerves re-connecting or waking up.
THANKS!
cleos_mom
on 4/22/09 8:12 am, edited 4/22/09 8:23 am - phila., PA
when  I had that I asked my Dr. and he said that it is the healing process. I noticed it more when I did a little to much so when I got that pain I just stopped it feels like there is a little man inside of you with a knife in one hand and a torch in the other just tearing apart your insides
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/09 8:20 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
good description .... "a little man inside of you with aknofe in one hand and a torch in the other just tearing apart your insides"....
DEBI R.
on 4/22/09 8:36 am - CORSICANA, TX
It really does feel like someone is burning the heck out of you or at least that how mine feels.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

islander
on 4/22/09 12:03 pm - Middletown, RI
I described mine as itchy-burning.  Drove me crazy!!  It's the healing & nerves regenerating.  It subsides gradually. When I was cleared to, lotion which I mixed in my hand with vitamin E definitely helped.  It gave me some immediate relief.  Before that- painkillers.

Danielle H.
on 4/23/09 1:30 am - Atlanta, GA
Yep, I've had all the itchy, burning and little man stabbing me in various places lately!  Its painful at times...and its almost 6 weeks, so thats right one schedule for me.  I think the BL pain lasted until about 4 months for me.  I'm not looking forward to the awakening in some ways, but then again, I didn't want to lose sensation either.

My hips were burning all night last night.  Its definitely not a fun part of the process.  I think other areas are awakening too and that's definitely not a pleasant sensation!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

ng
on 4/23/09 4:22 am - Southwest, LA
burning can be nerve irritation......... which may be the nerves coming back to life....... swelling can interfer with sensation of nerves.  so sounds like something is improving.
Most Active