Drains getting pulled Friday!

TheCheshireCat
on 4/22/09 11:24 pm
I've been fighting (well, mentally fighting with my depression and frustration) with these last two of my four drains for four weeks now. The fluid is still between 40 and 55 ccs. I have very little swelling considering having a body lift and I suppose it's because I still have drains. The PS said he wouldn't take them until they were between 20 and 30. They just aren't going down much! Maybe a cc or two a day! Finally, when I called my PS's nurse at the weepy height of my post-op depression Tuesday, she spoke with my PS and he agreed to take them out Friday if they were around 40 ccs. I'm excited and scared at the same time. Not looking forward to the swelling but these drain holes are painful and one is oozing whitish discharge. I hope me pushing to get them out early is the right decision.
gypsywoman6789
on 4/22/09 11:33 pm - Hudson, NH
I think you'll be fine.  You may have to deal with some swelling or even having to have some sites aspirated but in the end it should all resolve itself.  I think you will find that once the drains are out you will feel like a new person.  I was fortunate enough to only have mine for a week but even still I felt 1000 times better once they were out, I could move around more freely and wasn't embarassed to leave the house.

Good luck.
TheCheshireCat
on 4/23/09 12:50 am
I know I'll feel so much better without them. They are like shackles. There's just no good way to hide them without looking 4 months pregnant either. Thanks for the reply and words of encouragement. I can't wait to get this part of recovery behind me!
DEBI R.
on 4/23/09 11:17 am - CORSICANA, TX
I had 6 drains and just got the last 4 out Monday after 11 days. I developed an infection in my mons where one of the drains was but I don't think it was from taking the drains out too soon because it was beginning while the drain was still in.

You will feel sooo much better when they come out.  I couldn't shower until mine did and still had to wait one day afterwards and that was the best shower I ever had. I'm swelling more now that they are out.

Good luck getting them all out Friday. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Danielle H.
on 4/23/09 5:21 am - Atlanta, GA
My last one was around 40 when it came out and I did fine - he said he'd thought he'd regret it, but I didn't swell much overnight at all.  Eat fresh pineapple, it will help too.  I also did cold laser therapy with my chirpractor and that helped the swelling tremendously.

You'll be fine!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

MSHAMO
on 4/24/09 12:08 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Good luck with your drains, aren't they annoying!?!?!? I originally had 3 drains: 1 came out at 3 weeks and the other 2 came out at 4 weeks. I actually had him leave one in for an extra week because I thought it would be safer. Let your PS do what he thinks is best for you even though you hate the drains. Yeah, you will feel so much freedom when they are out, but I didn't want to pu**** Nancy
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active