drains

malynn
on 4/22/09 5:54 am
I have been reading past posts about stripping the lines and bulbs......My drain tubes must be different because I dont have a bulb.  Mine is a square looking thing that both tubes connect to and the fluid gathers in there and then I flip open the flap and empty the fluid and snap it back.
Danielle H.
on 4/22/09 6:03 am - Atlanta, GA
guess so then, most are like bulbs that you unsnap (like yours) but then you squeeze the air out of them and put the snap back in.  Ask your PS the next visit just to make sure, but some people strip their drains but using an alcohol swab and pulling down on the line to clear it out.  It will then draw more fluid and make sure no clots get stuck in the lines.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

gypsywoman6789
on 4/22/09 10:55 pm - Hudson, NH
all stripping the lines means is that you pinch the line and squeeze down the whole line to push any fluid that is in the line into the "bulb" or in your case teh square thing.  The bulbs create suction that helps pull the fluids through the drains and there is a little flap just like on your that we open and empty the fluid so we can measure the quantity.  Then we squeeze the air out of the bulb to restore the suction.

I'm sure there are many different kinds of drain systems out there.
Most Active