Do you do this?

Kelly V.
on 4/21/09 10:53 pm - Galion, OH

Now that you had plastic surgery do you pick your remaining flaws apart?  Do you look at every little imperfection and think ok I have to have this done etc?   I told myself that when you had all this extra skin it kinda hid other stuff.    Like I think I need another mons lift (yes I know I am still swollen from my Body Lift) but I can't help seeing all the imperfections.  It is like I am looking for perfection and I know I will never achieve that and I get frustrated.

I am hoping one of you will tell me this passes.

gypsywoman6789
on 4/21/09 11:42 pm - Hudson, NH
I was very worried about having this happen also.  I told myself that I would be happy with just getting my panni done and anything above and beyond that would be nice but I'd be ok if I didn't get it done.

Now that my panni is gone and I can actually SEE the tops of my thighs, I'm like crap, maybe I need a thigh lift, which then turns into, well if I'm going to go back in I might as well have some other stuff done at the same time, and it all snowballs from there. 

I'm like, yeah, I have this flat tummy but now I'm looking at my flappy arms etc etc.  Could go on and on.

My thighs and arms are NOT terrible.  I don't have the bat wings that many wls patients end up with and my thighs aren't perfect but they are still worthy of wearing shorts. 

Same deal with my boobs, I would like a BL but am dead set against BA, I just don't want to put anything in my body.  So I think this is probably a very common "side effect" if you will, to WLS patients going through the process.

What I may have done at some point is some lipo which I would like them to inject the fat into my VERY flat AZZ!

So you're not alone!  I try to remind myself that how I look now is so much better than how I did look that I have to remember that and be ok with it.

Hope this helps.
BigCityGirl
on 4/22/09 1:09 am - San Diego, CA

It didn't go away for me.  I wanted to make everything as good as it could be. 

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Danielle H.
on 4/22/09 6:22 am - Atlanta, GA
Kelly - I definitely do it and I consider myself done for now with PS.  I am not quite 6 weeks out from LBL and the scars and some swelling are still there and I think, wow wasn't he going to make that part flatter or what about that hip that's still swollen or what about the back that looks so huge on me, or now I need to help myself stand up straighter....it goes on and on...oh and the mons - he didn't do anything there and the swelling has gone down, but wondering if the fat pocket should have been lipoed (OUCH).

I've resolved to do nothing but exercise and eat right for the next year and then if I'm unhappy I'll look at it again, of course the bank accounts could stop me at that point, but I'm trying to be more patient than I was the first time around.

Its really about body image - can you accept yourself the way you are - if not, then look into it, but have realistic goals, your body probably won't reach perfection in your own mind ever!  And if it does, please share the secret!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

cleos_mom
on 4/22/09 8:05 am - phila., PA
I feel the same way, I only wanted a TT, then my thighs looked worse and my back so now we just did a thigh  & back & butt lift. Now I said to hubby look @ mt arms they ar ehorrible and I look
at my turkey neck , my daughter sais I am addicted to plastics, I say it is just like painting 1 wall in your room when you paint 1 the others look worse.
 I hope this will pass but I need to find something else. I love to shop but with all the plastics and being swollen it is hard to shop cause I know I will be getting smaller
katydidit64
on 4/22/09 9:40 am - north port, FL
I am now about 7 weeks out from LBL/BA/BL and 1 week out from upper abdomen Lipo.  I really really hear and feel what you are saying... now that I can see my thighs, watch my arms swing and hear that smaking noise sometimes, feel my turkey waddle when I talk/laugh... I think I am going crazy!  However I have told my honey bunny that I will wait 1 year before doing anything else!  So now I have a whole year to get readjusted to the new me as well as do some serious thinking about what I would like to do next, if anything!  Today I would love to have inner thigh lift with butt autografting... tomorrow who knows...
My friends tell me my arms and legs aren't bad and I don't need to do anything... but thats not what I see.  Ususally what we 'see' is worse than it really is... give yourself time to adjust to the new you!
dowseras
on 4/22/09 1:29 pm - Bloomfield Hills, MI
I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks...now I want lipo on my upper back because when I'm wearing my compression garmet all my back fat hangs over the top!!!

So you're definitely not alone!
RNY bypass: 7/28/2005
TT: 3/19/2009

happy girl
on 4/22/09 2:12 pm
this is it for me, but there is a lot I would like done, and if I had the money, I would do it for sure.  Face, nose, neck, botox.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Most Active