Is this the norm?? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Lisa A.
on 4/22/09 1:11 am
My 2 cents worth. I was told by one plastic surgeon I will need a lift for my breast and was quoted 9.500 for breast lift and saline implants and 1k more for gel implants. Did not need arms done.
I went to the a few more plastic surgeons and one said u know u really do not need a breast lIft another one told me u could have one but really not needed if I went with a bigger implant. I would be ok. I think sometimes breast lifts are over done in my opinion and I am terribly scared of losing my sensativities to a breast implants, I rather have alittle sag then to risk losing my nipples sensativity. I was told if u can hold a pencil under a sagging breast u probally need a lift. I cannot. I think the price is pretty much in target. I am having saline Implants for 5k and no lift I decided against gel implants as I was worried if one had a leak I would not know and be in world of  hurt and reconstructive surgery for a gel implants to remove scar tissue scares me. I am 50 not 20 or even 30 something, I think if i was younger I would have gone with gel implants. But when u get my old age u got to realize more surgeries are in horizon as I get older and having a boob redo is not my idea either but I am not planning to have my boobs felt  up by alot of men in comming years . Come on I am 50 not 25 LOL plus i think hubby would not be really happy about other men looking and touching the very boobs he is paying for LOL .  So with this said do u need a lift?  That will bring down the price some. Just my 2 cents worth and another idea. Good luck

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/09 1:38 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I'm in Florida (West coast) and I have never heard a price that high for just the Arms.  Most averaged around $5,000 - $8,000....mine cost just under $6,000.  If you want to PM me I'd be happy to chat more with you about it.

janjan1
on 4/22/09 6:38 am - Armuchee, GA
Had a breast lift (no implants) and my arms done in January this year. It was about $8500.00. So I think your quote is alittle high. I'm up in the NW section of Ga.

Jan

Jan in GA

Lisa A.
on 4/22/09 6:58 am
She was quoted 15k for breast lift breast augmentation and arms. if i read it right
Lisa
janjan1
on 4/22/09 10:13 pm - Armuchee, GA

I know that the 15K included implants. But it still seemed abit high considering what you and I paid. And I did read that you too had implants, and yours still was lower than the 15K she was quoted. So it still seems abit higher than what most have had to pay.
I've been quoted for a LBL about that price, alittle lower perhaps. But that includes 2 nights in hospital. Again, I'm in a semi rural area in NW Ga.
Jan

Jan in GA

katydidit64
on 4/22/09 9:29 am - north port, FL
Hi, although I am not currently in Florida I have looked into plastics being done there.  Just recently I read and then contacted the university of florida plastic surgery division in Tampa.  They curretnly are having a 'special' deal %50 off all plastics.  Unfortunately they were unable to fit me in for a consult during the time I was there.  I have heard they do excellant work thru a support group friend in south florida.
I personally went to cosmed clinic in Tijuanna Mexico.  Had a lower body lift, BA/BL done March 9th, then on April 16th had some finish lipo work completed.  Dr. Fuentes was excellent, and I am very pleased with the results, not to mention the price including airfare and lodging was way less than having it done here in the states. 
Others may not think this is a good option for them but for me it was excellent!. I can say that I did take into consideration that I heal well without complications so was not as concerned about that aspect.  I also had my primary care doc informed of my decision and would have been able to go see her if complications had developed.
Happy hunting.. and I totally agree with an above poster who said she went to several consults and was excited about each of them.  So go to more than one, weigh your options, don't be afraid ask for discounts (especially with the economy).
Johy0382
on 4/29/09 5:42 am - Homestead, FL
Thank you all for your advise and input! Though I know many of you would be weary with what I decided, I feel VERY confident! I found a group practice in Lauderhill called Strax Rejuvenation(anyone from So.Fla has surely heard of them). They are like I stated a group of about 15 different plastic surgeons(all or most board certified), they have their one surgery center in a building adjacent to their offices, and have been very nice and helpful, and believe me, I have already been there 3 times!!! LOL After much research and going around to different individual practices and getting quoted the same $15k or so, I went to Strax. I met with Dr. John Nees, a board certified plastic surgeon, memeber fo the ASPS, with over 25 years of experience!!! He talked to me and gave me all of my options and his suggestions. I advised what I wanted and the outcome I was hoping for and he gave me all the information he believed I should have. I liked his demeanor and his opinions and was very happy to have sat and spoke to him and have him examine me. From there, I went to the surgical coordinator who gave me a price quote....well, the original price was $15,200, but since they are a group practice and have PLENTY of discounts available, the FINAL price for a BA(silicone), BL, and Brachioplasty= $7,449!!!!! YEEEEEIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!! I WIN!!!!!!! Best part, grandma is paying for it ALL!!!!!! Even better, she threw in two free sessions of laser treatment to quit smoking, which is a must by tomorrow, since surgery is only 15 days away as of today and I need to be smoke free for atleast 14 days!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! So on May 14th I am getting a BA, BL, AND arms for half of what I was quoted anywhere else!!!!!! And yes, I have to drive to lauderhill, about 65 miles away from me, but SOOOOOOOOOO worth it!!!! I also saw alot of before and afters, many of which were post bariatric surgery patients and LOVE the results....I have heard from MANY that is a GREAT surgeon and that he is VERY good at what he does, so let's hope I get GREAT results and all goes well. I promise to take before and after pics and share as soon as I can (probably by may the 15th or so)!!! Again, thank you to all *****plied and I will keep you all up to date!!!! 

My son needs a HEALTHY mom for YEARS TO COME!
Proof that miracles CAN happen....I'm THIN!!!!

Most Active