4months post up TT---terrible swelling still....

Covergurl
on 10/12/08 12:21 pm - Cleveland, OH
Hello PS Fam,

I am having a horrid time with swelling. I had my TT in June and the swelling seems to getting worse instead of better,Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I can do? I swell more under the breast area  oddly enough than my lower abdomen but neither is that great. Even my attempts at compression garmants havent been succussful ...HELP ....maybe its stress...I dont know.
I welcome all suggestions!!

Thanks Guys

CoverGurl
Shanon K.
on 10/12/08 10:55 pm - Augusta , GA
Sure seems like a long time to still be swelling. Have you called your surgeons office to see what they suggest? I hope you get more comfortable soon!
Shanon

RNY 2/14/07

Covergurl
on 10/12/08 10:57 pm - Cleveland, OH
I know and I am going to do that this week

CoverGurl
Janel B
on 10/13/08 1:36 am - Oakley, CA
Yes, please call your surgeon and have him take a look at you. I noticed that yesterday, because I didn't really go anywhere, I wore my Stage 1 garment instead of my Spanx which are much more snug on me. This morning, I was a bit more swollen than usual, but not too bad.

But, I have found that , whenever you have questions, always call the doc....you paid him big bucks to get this done, and he needs to address all concerns, no matter how far out you are.

Blessings to you!
Janel  
Covergurl
on 10/13/08 1:38 am - Cleveland, OH

THANX JANE WAITING ON A RETURN CALL NOW

CoverGurl
Janel B
on 10/13/08 1:44 am - Oakley, CA
Good girl..........keep us posted!
Janel  
corinnaq
on 10/13/08 2:01 am - Woodinville, WA

So I agree the call to your surgeon is always a good idea and it sounds like you've done that. 

Another thing that I haven't tried yet but have heard extremely good thing about is a lymphatic drainage massage.  This is a kind of massage that specifically targets your lymphatic system which is the main way your body deals with excess fluid/swelling.  In everything I've read it is highly recommended after PS.  My friend who is a licensed massage therapist strongly recommends it as well.  So you might try that.  The important thing is to find someone who is CERTIFIED in lymphatic drainage massage.  It is a very specific massage modality and requires quite a bit of extra training at the end of of which you receive certification.  But there are massage therapists out there who say they do lymphatic drainage massage who have not been certified.  So just be aware.

One last thing...My surgeon has told me that exercise will help the swelling go down.  I was just cleared to start exercising this week so I don't know if that will hel*****t (I'm hoping it does!).  You might already be on an exercise plan but if you're not you might try that too.  Especially if you have a desk job where you're sitting all day.

Good luck!!

Corinna Q

Covergurl
on 10/13/08 2:04 am - Cleveland, OH

THANKS CORRINA!!

I have kind of slacked off on the exercise so I will pick that back up to day and see what happens. I will check with my surgeon when she calls me back and get some advise on the massage...thx again

CoverGurl
Most Active