I just ran 2 miles, so nothings wrong..right?

J. M.
on 6/22/08 10:37 am
I couldnt take it anymore. It's confirmed that I replaced my food addiction with exercise, and since I didnt exercise for over a week, I was eating everything and anything in sight....sf ice cream, sf oreos, hershey kisses, hershey bar, reese's pb cups...shall I go on? I am not feeling any pains today, so I thought I'd do a mile...1.5 at most. Well, it felt so good that I went for 2 miles. Havent talked to my surgeon yet, but if Im not feeling pain anymore than there's no sense operating.  Endoscopy maybe, but I want a second opinion if he wants to dig around in there. I'll tell you what though...the quicker you pick yourself up out of a slump the better.  I was on a very downward spiral last week.  Hopefully I'm on my way up. Hope everyone has a great week

~ Jen   

Ready4 AChange
on 6/22/08 10:44 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Congtratulations  Just don't over do it . Good luck when you see your doc. Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Shannon O.
on 6/22/08 12:04 pm - Reading, PA
rock on... that is awesome you ran 2 miles after your crappy week!

and they make SF oreos... sorry asking because my hubby wants me to find him sf snacks and he loves oreos hehehe... where did you get them...

rita61677
on 6/22/08 12:50 pm - Philadelphia, PA
they sell sf oreos in the supermarket, they are usually with the normal oreo's. they are in a box. jospehslitecookies are awesome!!!!!!!!!!! i actually used to use them when i did south beach.
Pam Hart
on 6/22/08 1:20 pm - Easton, PA
Yup....I have found them in almost every grocery store around my area.  Actually, if you go down the cookie isle, you will be surprised to find out how many sf varieties there are.  The only reason I found them was because I was expermenting on making my cheesecake recipie sf - and I used to use oreos as my crust.  So I went to "see what they had" and was surprised A) to find actual sf oreos and B) that there were many other sf cookie choices.  I choose not to pay attention to it to much, though, because I would easily eat them instead of greek yogurt and that would totally not work for me. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 6/22/08 1:22 pm - Reading, PA
well Jeremy doesn't mind it when I make SF desserts as long as they taste good... and Lorelei gets way to hyper on sugar... so she get SF all the time... and I wanted to make them this summer one of those mud pies with the gummy worms in them... what 2 year old wouldn't love that lol...

Pam Hart
on 6/22/08 1:22 pm - Easton, PA
Jen, We're all entitled to having a bad day, week, or whatever.  Especially with everything you have been going through. Glad to hear you haven't had any pain today - but be careful.  You don't want to aggrevate your system to much.  Keep it light and easy for awhile.   I think a second opinion is reasonable....but you do need to get to the bottom of this. Keep feeling better! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Mary Benford
on 6/23/08 12:34 am - Emmaus, PA
Personally, I think it's something that you should have explored.    I mean,   not to sound like a snob, but you're not a doctor.   I think your doctor is right in saying they should go in and see what's really going on in there.   If he didn't think it was necessary, I'm sure he wouldn't want to do it.    Maybe you should go get a second opinion...   but don't decide yourself.   You're just avoiding the problem.    This happened before...   and it happened this time a little worse than the last...   and when it happens next time who knows.   I might be blowing this up and out of porportion...   but seriously...  what if there's really a problem that they can't detect without doing an explorative surgery?  Then next time it happens, and it's too late to fix it, because you thought everything was ok.    Seriously Jen, put your health first.   It may not be ideal, but fix it now, before there's a serious issue. Just my opinion. 

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

J. M.
on 6/23/08 2:50 am
Mary, I'm still harrassing the surgical team as I do want an answer.  I guess I was being sarcastic in saying that nothing is wrong. There IS something wrong where my intestines were connected to the new pouch.  The Upper GI results said that (becuase I know the tech...she called me personally). I am not supposed to know that though, so I have askedd my surgeon to review the results as he returned today. His nurse buddy emailed me saying that they will get back to me today.  So now Im just waiting for the call. I have no objections to him doing the endoscopy. It should have been done in March. I am pissed that this wasnt takend care of and that I spent a whole week in pain. Will post when I know what's goin on. Thanks for the respose though

~ Jen   

Mike M.
on 6/23/08 2:43 am - Langhorne, PA
Jen, Got your e-mail this morning... please keep us all posted and let us know when your doctor finally gets in touch and offers the next steps.  I have to tell you, though... I agree with Mary.  This is not something to mess with.  Get this taken care of now so that you don't have to go through something like this every 4 or 5 months. Take care of yourself! Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1874 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1967 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2655 views