I went kayaking!

Nicole0216
on 6/22/08 9:29 am - Lancaster, PA
Today I did something new. I went kayaking with my friend Kara. I have always wanted to do that but have been way to scared and fat to do so. I was nervous all of those old insecurities came back, will I have the stamina? Will I sink the kayak?  We went out for about 2 hours. It was a nice easy pace, we talked, paddled, skimmed and rested. Kara is my friend that taught the intro to fitness at the pilgrimage so if you met her there you know what i mean about her being "fit" I was worried I could not keep up, but I did. I enjoyed it. I am gonna be so sore tomorrow but it is a good thing. My biggest worry was getting sun burned not being unable to keep up. I would do it again for sure. When i was out on the water paddling i was grateful for the experience and I let go of the recent frustrations I have had with the scale going up instead of down, and with the constipation. I just knew it would all be ok, and THIS is why I had the surgery not for some random number on a scale. On the way home I stopped at Ritas to check out their SF water ice. Pam inspired me to try it. I got a child's size cherry and it was awesome, a very nice treat so that is one more new thing. I am thankful for new things.
Marlo71
on 6/22/08 9:39 am - Harrisburg, PA
That is so cool!  I was taking my dog to the park today and we went to the creek where everyone goes and there was a family getting to a Kayak and I was like...I could never do that at my size.  So, that will be one of my goals now, after I lose the wieght.  Thanks for the inspiration.  I also want to go to a Water park and feel good about myself.   Thanks again for the story!

-Marlo 

Nicole0216
on 6/22/08 9:45 am - Lancaster, PA

Marlo did the water park this year as well soooo fun. You will get to do all of these things. I live in lancaster maybe one day we can meet up and go kayaking when you have had the surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 10:04 am, edited 6/22/08 10:04 am
Nicole, That is awesome!!  Good for you.  I have to admit I have a fear of kayaks, but it's a claustropic fear.  There is something about them that freak me out.  I am planning on taking our canoe out later this summer when I am up at my family's place in the poconos....that is nice and open LOL I havent been in that in probably 13 or 14 years.   HG
Nicole0216
on 6/22/08 11:33 am - Lancaster, PA
this was the type that you sit on top of, I would feel clausterphobic too if it was one of the ones you sit down in and are covered up. this was open like a canoe
Pam Hart
on 6/22/08 1:46 pm - Easton, PA
Nicole, AWESOME for you.  I used to go canoeing with my aunt - and would like to do some more soon.  I've never tried kayaking before - perhaps another goal.  Up your protein tomorrow to help your muscles recover! Also glad you liked the sf cherry ice.  Oh, here's a tip I got from Mary....you can layer some of it with frozen sf cool whip and it's like a sf gillati (sp?) from ritas as well.  I can't do a whole child's size and the cool whip - so I get a few servings out of it. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 6/22/08 1:52 pm - Lancaster, PA
aww those were the days when you cant eat very much i totally scarfed down a childs size in 10 mins
Pam Hart
on 6/22/08 10:41 pm - Easton, PA
If it's the plain ice, I can finish a child size.  it's when I make my own gillatti with the frozen cool whip that I can't.  It's also not that I get full with that - I get a little queasy and I think the sugar alcohols in the ice combined w/ the cool whip just upsets the intestines a little bit.  ??  I dunno, but I'm perfectly satisfied with the serving size I can have with the cool whip. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 6/23/08 1:35 am - Lancaster, PA
ahh i see. i will have to try it out
bubble273
on 6/23/08 8:52 am - Levittown, PA

Nicole,

Also you can try the ff/sf Turkey Hill Vanilla Bean ice cream and make a gilatti that way.  I didn't try the Cool Whip yet, but did do the ice cream.  It was awesome!!!

And awesomenss with the kayaking.  That is something I have never, ever done and would probably still be too scared to do it.  But anything is attainable now.  So you never know.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1874 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1967 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2655 views