Monday

seasheleyes
on 9/12/16 10:32 am - Manteca, CA

Hey, Hey!

Trying out a new font...looks like I'm writing on an old typewriter! I'm easily amused. 

Our garage sale was terrible. Made $50...hardly any people came. Ay ay ay! So much work. But I am still happy that we did it. Hospice gets everything, we get a less

cluttered garage and house, and my car will fit in the garage now too. My husband's car has fit for years but mine did not.

I'm struggling with my weight again... I wish I could stay focused all the time. I look at what I do and it amazes me how little self control I have at times. It is so much a problem in my brain. 

Oh well...another day to start again.

Breakfast- protein drink

Lunch- tuna on lettuce

Dinner- steak tacos

Snack- watermelon

Hope you are making plans for your knee replacement Jeannie. I think you are not being given a choice on that. I hate seeing you in such pain. 

yvonnef1964
on 9/12/16 11:38 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Julia,

I like the new font. Sorry your garage sale was not so good. I dont know what to say about the eating because I have a hard time with that. Ive found if I dont have it in the house then I dont eat it. Like last night I had popcorn but I figuire its better than cookies, ice cream and candy.

I got my walk in this morning. I took off last week. Think i need that once in awhile. 

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese.

L cottage cheese and baby carrots

D spaghetti squash and sauce with hamburger in it

S greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks, apple

Have a wonderful day

lightswitch
on 9/12/16 3:31 pm

Julia,

I really need to post the parts of the article that I wrote for a local weight loss surgeon.  The research that I found reinforces what we all know: our weight is controlled not by our pouches but by our minds. I may start posting pieces of it.  But, you are like me and so many of the others who are making responsible choices to keep the weight off: we recognize that there is a problem and we have to change or be proactive to make a change....so many of those who gain weight after the first couple of years do so because they are in denial and put their heads in the sand....if they don't think about it, it will go away.  Sadly, our fat cells have memory that is automatically triggered when we take in more calories than we use.  People who have never been morbidly obese or even regularly obese do not have that memory programed into their fat cells.  Muscle builders who suddenly stop lifting weights will lose muscle mass but when they start lifting again, their muscles like our fat cells have that memory and the bulk is built like our fat cells fill with fat.  Some doctors think that fat cell memory is an evolutionary trait to insure survival of the fittest in times of famine; however, others think it's programed by poor eating habits...either way, they know it exists.   

B: 1 egg with 1/2 toast no butter

L: four large shrimp with two sautéed mushrooms

D: black bean soup

Snack: I freakin' had nothing to snack on....I could have eaten apples or pears or grapes but unless they are canned, they hurt my pouch....the apples don't really hurt it but I've been afraid to push the pouch because of that abdominal pain I have had off and on and because of the pain medication making me so nauseous...so, no snacks.  

Ladies....I thought I would share my little skip-a-beat-heart moment.  I have these avocado trees that I have grown from avocado pits and they are huge...today wasn't too hot so I drug the damn pots outside to let the little fellows absorb some much needed sun rays.  When I took them out, it was early in the morning and I was in my night close (housecoat included), but when I went to bring them in, I looked out the window first and saw a couple of men standing near my little porch and I didn't want them to think I was one of the women who sits home all day in her robe with bobby socks and torn house shoes on so I  got dressed, combed my hair, put a little lip stick and blush on, dabbed some mascara on and went out on the porch to bring in the avocado trees.  When I went out, the gentlemen stopped talking and the older fellow, about my age, looked my way and smiled, and I smiled and I started pulling the first plant in and he walked over and said, let me help you and he carried both big assed pots in for me and put them in front of my kitchen window for me....I said, thank you so much and he said you are more than welcome....he said is that coffee still hot, and I said, I believe it is, so I poured him a cup of coffee.  He thanked me and I thought be still my heart and then he left.   A few minutes later, he knocks and gives me back my cup....he said, thank you so much Mrs....I said, Jeannie and he said, is there a Mr. Jeannie and I said, yes and he said, of course, you are too fine a woman to be all alone. I sort of gagged at his line but thought how sweet and he left.  Later yet, my neighbor comes over and says, hey that guy that helped you move your plants is quite smitten with you and I said, how do you know and she said, he was talking to my brother...I said, wow...he is easily impressed and she said, not really...he is the architect who is developed the plans for the theater and new art gallery....here's how out of touch I am...I didn't know we built a new theater or art gallery.   Then I said, he seemed really sweet but you know, my husband caught a fifty pound catfish the other day....Kenny will be more than happy that I brag on him to our neighbor who is trying to impress me with another man. LOL....Besides, Kenny is house broke, knows what buttons to never push, and he is pretty good in the sack for both loving and sleeping....so no trade ins...in fact, when he wears out, if I'm still kicking, I look forward to going solo.   For reals.  

Ready2goNOW
on 9/12/16 5:59 pm

Love...love...love the story, Jeannie ??????????

Kathy

Ready2goNOW
on 9/12/16 6:00 pm

My heart's look Chinese!

Kathy

Eileen Briesch
on 9/12/16 6:32 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Julia and my OFF friends:

Hope you are all well. I went to the Y and then to see "Sully." Good movie. I love our theater; it has reclining seats plus the charge is $3.99 before 5 p.m. So I sat there in my reclining seat and had my neurostim on and felt like I was getting a massage. Wonderful.

Came home and had an argument on the phone with the ADP customer service rep. I had to re-register on the site so I can send them my receipts from 2015 so they can unfreeze my account and I can get Cobra. But the only way to do that is to get a registration code that will be sent to my old email at work. I said I can't do that because I no longer work there. The woman, who spoke in heavily accented English very fast, said you have to get your employer to change your email. I told her several times I no longer work there, they're not my employer. Can't I just have you change my email. She said no. But ... she could email me the forms to send the receipts. This took a half hour on hold and 20 minutes of arguing. She wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor. And then when she gave me the fax number, I had to repeat it several times because I couldn't understand her ... my brother came home in the middle of this and said, "You sound like you're not having a good day." 

Well, the Y and movie were good, the phone call was horrible. I'm having a glass of blueberry wine now. I deserve it. The funny thing is, I found out I have cobra anyway, despite these letters I got that said I don't. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 443 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1257 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1252 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!