REUNION THREAD

seasheleyes
on 5/31/16 1:08 pm - Manteca, CA

Hey 

seasheleyes
on 5/31/16 1:11 pm - Manteca, CA

oops I swear I'm not drinking! Hi Janet! I hare the regain too, but it is not long for this world! I absolutely love Judge Judy...I rarely turn the tv on but I have Judge Judy taped. I'm drinking a Latte with Splenda right now. Now Joe...is that the Joe from Lombard Street?

Julia

MizRed
on 5/31/16 1:43 pm

No, that would be Joe Bailey from Starbucks in Euless.  The Dallas gals saw him twice. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/16 2:42 pm

I am so sorry to hear that you lost Joe. 

Now that you are back on OH keep posting.  We would love to hear from you and support you.  I also watch a lot of Law and Order and others of that genre.

I can't do Starbucks.  Not a coffee drinker.  Where are you working?

lightswitch
on 5/31/16 6:22 pm

Janet,

I'm glad you signed back on...who knows, you might want to drop in from time-to-time for a cup of motivation and inspiration. I hate that Joe passed. I love Judge Judy and Law and Order and Criminal Intent along with Dexter are my binge watching shows.  

Stick around. 

lightswitch
on 6/1/16 11:09 am, edited 6/1/16 4:09 am

Janet, 

Did you see the post by one of the OH forum people about getting your old account back?  I have Facebook too and have a few our folks from here as friends. I find Facebook too impersonal and often contentious. While I post political ideas there, most of my friends and family are like minded so when there are those who disagree, it can be a huge drama. I don't mind the drama there because those who disagree with me are not as intimate of friends as those friends on here.  The folks here know about things some of my family members don't know about. And this place is one of those places that is neutral in politics, religion, philosophy etc. And when it gets brought onto our board here, we are all quick to put it out because from the beginning, we have found that we want harmony...

I really hope you come back and stay with us and get the support you need for any of the regain or just to have likeminded folks to discuss the problems we are all facing. I think someone said we are a unique collection of sisters who for better or worse are connected by RNY or some form of WLS and that is something our best-friends-for-ever cannot even dare to understand....like the time before surgery, I went with my son out to eat and I sat on a bench and broke it and he and another man pulled me up off the ground and the other folks were  laughing....I was so humiliated but my son and the other man said, ignore them and the owner of the place brought me a chair out of the kitchen....I posted about that experience because I was so humiliated and knew you guys would understand and you all had a story about a lawn chair breaking or getting booth stuck....you guys salvaged my ego....you saved me.  Only on this board do we get that solidarity. 

Eileen Briesch
on 5/31/16 1:29 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi my OFF family:

I still come on here on a regular basis, but sometimes I don't post. Sometimes I get a little busy and don't feel like getting on the laptop to post. I'm on the computer at work all the time so I don't always want to be on the computer when I'm not working.

I can empathize with Laureen and regaining weight; I too have regained and am working to get it off. I joined the Y last year and get into the pool for water aerobics. I love it, but the hardest part is getting me there. The classes are in the morning and some mornings I just don't have the energy. 

Many of you know some of what has happened to me in the past year. I invited my former boss to move in with me because he was unemployed and seeking disability. He was using drugs, it turns out, and one night he attacked me in my bedroom. I immediately tossed him out, but he came back and broke into my apartment when I was at work. Fortunately, a couple of coworkers helped me get rid of him again and also helped to repair the broken window. I found out a lot of things about him after that, how many lies he had told me. It's been tough getting over it, but therapy has helped me. 

Also, my brother Gary has moved in with me. He retired last summer at 62 and we sold mom's house when she moved into assisted living, so he needed to find a place to live. He decided it was easier to move in with me in Evansville. He also has a part-time job driving cars for Enterprise ... he takes their rental cars to various car lots for sale. He loves driving and he goes all over Indiana and Kentucky. So far we've gotten along OK. 

I still work at the Evansville Courier & Press for now, but the paper joined Gannett USA Today Network, so I don't know what the future holds. I used to work for Gannett in Louisiana, and saw that the future wasn't good there. I turn 62 next April so I may be retiring myself.

And maybe that's not so bad since I'm in pain all the time. I was supposed to get a neurostimulator implanted this month, but that was put on hold when I fainted and wound up spending three days in the hospital (so far, I'm OK, heart monitor report showed no abnormal rhythms).

I love keeping up with y'all. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/16 2:46 pm

Hey Eileen

Hope you get your neurostimulator soon.  I remember you saying it kept you pain free.  I can't imagine facing the work dilemma you do.  Working in a dying industry makes constant uncertainty.  Hope it all works out. 

lightswitch
on 5/31/16 6:19 pm

Eleen, 

Save your money and this November, fly to AZ and hang out with Julia and me...Don't you think that would be fun? 

I am glad you are doing better and don't be a stranger. I know you are so busy and I am glad you are reading but do let us know what's up with you. There are a few of the old timers' posts that I read and your posts are the ones that I look for first.

Laureen S.
on 6/1/16 7:22 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Eileen,

Sorry you are experiencing pain and the other stuff you experienced, thankfully, some people came to your aid with regards to that old boss. . .having someone live with us when we are used to being on our own can take time to acclimate to, so it's probably good that your brother travels some of the time and is doing something he enjoys!  Hope you get relief soon from the back stuff, lord knows, I never knew until this past two years how miserable one can be with back related issues!  Glad your heart monitor states you are good!

Regards, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 451 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1267 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1262 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1199 views