REUNION THREAD

seasheleyes
on 6/1/16 11:59 am - Manteca, CA

Welcome Back Rich! It is so great to have a man post! I agree with you about life...live it with gusto, it goes so quickly! Please stick around, we have a thread every day.

Julia

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/16 12:17 pm
ReShape on 10/30/16

I will definitely do that. I believe sharing our successes helps others and sharing our setbacks helps us as well. We all have very different yet very much the same stories which led us here.

There is strength and security when we welcome others and share with them. 

Look forward to seeing your posts on here Julia. Have a great day! 

Kathy S.
on 6/1/16 1:43 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

OMGosh Rich I remember you!!!!  So glad to see here again!  I have to say the PS had a bigger impact on my mental well being more than the WLS if you can believe it. You have my support all the way and PM me I will give you some pointers on how to get the best results.  YOU CAN DO IT!  I grew up in MI what part of MI are you in?

Sounds like you have been through a lot of life changes.....  PM me and I will help you get your old profile back  OK, I LOVE the beach....you may have company LOL

Stay strong my friend!!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Canndesign
on 6/1/16 8:51 pm

Rich I remember you! where in Michigan are you at? I grew up in Benton Harbor. I get to the Lansing area quite a bit. my sister lives there. plus I go to Chicago about every six to eight weeks! 

carla

Nancy B
on 6/1/16 6:25 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Well here I am again, bringing up the rear, late.  I had RnY Jan 26, 2006 . I had weighed 431 pounds and I was 58 yrs old. The doctor warned me of the risk and I told him that my weight would kill me anyways if I did nit even try. I lost 100 pounds the first year then never did better than that...doctors told me it was my age but I also could not walk & barely stand due to a severe case of cellulitis in both legs that almost killed me (7 weeks in the hospital)..the result being severe lymphodema in both legs from toes to groin. I eventually had weight gain..emotional eating and feeling like a failure.

I am in my third year of taking arimidex for my second breast cancer diagnosis, surgeries and treatments..the side effects have been brutal..severe insomnia and bone and joint pain so i take sleeping pills and pain pills and have a very erratic sleep cycle now.

This last year I developed a series of healing energy mandala colouring books for adults and now also teach workshops:

1. healing energy art therapy & de-stressing
  2. "Whose life are you living?"- studying how to reconnect with your childhood passions and bring that joy back into your life despite the old negative tapes from others

I have been invited to so many conventions,conferences & weekend retreats to teach women about this. I truly have found my calling. By using my art skills as an illustrator and my psychology skills as a Certified LifePath Coach, my work is helping women learn how to heal emotionally. I have eight colouring books published and more on the way.

I am finally getting rid of this excess weight.,..not unaware of the timing of all of this...hmmm...48 pounds gone since last May...from 5X (if I was lucky) to 2X and 1X! My sons are both doing well and we now have two step grand daughters, 10 and 13 who is not only brilliant but ARTISTIC! One wants to be a fashion designer and the other says she will be a forensic anthropologist. I teach them crafts, art and cooking as well as LIFE SKILLs (another book in the works). I do public speaking which I would NEVER have considered before.

My only regret is not having WLS sooner!I am still BIG but no longer feel like the "freak" that I saw in the mirror. I FIT in chairs with arms...I find clothes on the rack, people smile at me..strangers too. I am no longer embarrassed to be seen eating in a restaurant or buying groceries. The emotional change keeps me feeling excited. I am now UNDER 300 and am determined to stay there...I have just reached 288, big, yes...5'6" and big build... but a far cry from 431 pounds.

The loose skin is a huge issue but first I have to get TWO knee replacements..I am halfway to my surgeon's weight criteria. A lifetime of obesity has taken it's toll but I am still here and still smiling.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
mermaidoz
on 6/2/16 11:09 am - Canada

Nancy:

Hi there, can identify with lots in your post. Like you am also on post cancer med,am on  Femara, with pretty much same brutal side effects like your Arimidex such as insomnia and  bone pain ( Femara leaches calcium from bones).  

You mention you are on painkillers, can you mention by name and dosage? I have bone pain from Femara, but also lots off arthritis (polymyalgia arthritica) and my IBS/Diverticulitis which flares when I least expect it and at other times because haven't eaten right.

NSAID  helps me function but cannot take them daily, mentioned it in a post here last week...so am wondering what you take for pain?

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 449 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1266 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1260 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1198 views