WEDNESDAY

seasheleyes
on 10/21/15 9:50 am - Manteca, CA

Hi Everyone,

I will start this and run away for a minute...don't need duplicate threads.

Julia

seasheleyes
on 10/21/15 10:09 am - Manteca, CA

I'm still laughing about fishy urine...I don't know about all of you but every laugh I can get is precious! Thank you Jeannie!

We have two new roofs now. It was not a fun couple of weeks but it feels great to have those major projects out of the way. Now we are going to look into solar...have to see if the prices have come down enough to be doable.

Today i have my monthly appointment for a massage and facial. I'm not sure that either does much that is lasting but I love my Eva and the pampering is worth it for that alone.

My new project is in the kitchen cabinets. We are getting a new dishwasher on Friday and I have been storing some things in our old dishwasher because I just have too much stuff. I love dishes...different colors, different shapes,different styles. So my new project is to move all of the dishes to the garage cabinets except for four of each thing in white. Then I will move in four of whatever color or style I want for a particular month in each month. I'll reduce the glassware in the same way. Also the kitchen equipment. My daughter is thrilled (so close across the street!) because she knows that she can get some of my dishes too. She needs more...I don't know why she waited so long to ask...I would have gladly gifted her.

I am going into the garage right now to pick out some storage cabinets...wish me luck! Happy Day to all of you!

Julia

ArleneG
on 10/21/15 2:07 pm

Best of luck with your cleaning and clearing. I wish I lived close by (grin) to see what sort of stuff you are clearing out. Take it easy.

Connie D.
on 10/21/15 2:59 pm

Good afternoon Julia and everyone....

Julia....I hope you can get the solar panels you want. They do make a huge difference in how much electricity you use. I have a friend that has them on his house. He sure likes them.

I agree we all can use more laughs these days. I for one don't have nearly enough!!!

Lucky you...a massage and facial monthly! That is a great something you do just for you!! We all need those perks along the way! ENJOY!!!!

Kathy....you seem to be doing great....things will definitely start getting easier for you now. You are doing it girl...you are great at this. It isn't always easy. Just keep following your doctors orders. You will be melting away!!

Judy....congrats on the gift of a free meal!! I have no doubt that you two are doing an awesome job!!! WELL DONE!!!!

I can't wait to hear what your prize is!! I hope it is a fun trip somewhere exciting!! Even gas for a year would be awesome! Please let us know!!

As for me...... It has been a crazy day. I slept 11 hours last night. I probably would have slept longer if my alarm didn't go of at 7:30AM.

I took the bus to get groceries this morning a 9:00 AM. I hate doing that as it takes me so long to get ready in the morning. I took my shower last night so I could be outside in time this morning. They leave at exactly at 9:00. Every time I do this I am sorry!! My driver/errand lady, Fran, had meetings to attend so she can't come until Friday. Got back here and rested awhile.

Then my cleaning fairy came at 12:30. She stops in if she gets done with her other client early. She stayed until 4:00. I had her cook up three pounds of fresh ground turkey. Then had it separated in 3 freezer bags. One was just seasoned and plain, two were made into taco meat. Melissa said she doesn't mind cooking and will gladly do that anytime I need her to. I have already been having her cut up tons of fresh veggies each week or so. I always have something extra for her to do. Today she pulled out the refrigerator and stove. She swept up the floors and scrubbed them and the walls and cabinets around them. Then she completely wiped all of the refrigerator and stove. That girl is so thorough!! She vacuumed the back of the refrigerator too!

Now I am going to have my dinner soon and relax until bedtime. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow at 10:00. Another early day for me!!!

I love you all...have a good evening....try to relax as you can.

Prayers for our loving OFF Family and their families. Special prayers for some including Vickie. It seems like she can use a few more right now. I love you all!!!!

Loads of love and many hugs to everyone....connie d

lightswitch
on 10/21/15 6:14 pm

Connie,

You are finally catching up on your rest and that is good. I hope the doctor says only good things tomorrow. You be careful walking to the bus stop...

lightswitch
on 10/21/15 6:12 pm

Julia,

Downsizing is the hardest thing to do. I had to get rid of so many of my holiday dishes but to be honest, now that my daughter has them, I am so happy it's up to her to keep them clean and put up.

You have been busy...I hope you are back from the garage. LOL

Ready2goNOW
on 10/21/15 12:23 pm

Hi Julia!

Yes, Julia's fishy urine gave me a good laugh, too!

Sounds like you have gotten some major household stuff taken care of. It is always a relief to get things done and not have to worry about them again for many YEARS!

A facial sounds wonderful, but my personal favorite is a massage. I love a neck and back rub whenever I can get one..

You have a lot of organizing planned...big job!

I still have no energy...every time. I get up I last a few minutes before feeling weak & shaky so I rush to sit down. I started full liquids today so I hope that will help with my stamina. So no plans for me!

Hope all our sisters are doing well today. Been some slow starts lately.

Kathy

ArleneG
on 10/21/15 2:10 pm

My dear, you are going to feel exhausted for a while. I know I was. I would nap in the afternoon and was worn out. As you eat solid foods and have healed, you will regain your energy. Please don't do what I did....stop taking your supplements. I had the sleeve but I know better. I have to start again. I am just bone tired all the time. Best to you in your healing process. Will be onto the next step then the next step till you are back on solid foods.

Judy G.
on 10/21/15 4:29 pm - Galion, OH

Kathy you had MAJOR surgery...you WILL be tired at times...rest...walk and sip...and get as much protein in as possible right now...each day you will get better at all of them I promise!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS

lightswitch
on 10/21/15 6:15 pm

Kathy,

You will get your strength back and more. I remember the first couple of weeks after surgery, I could barely put one foot in front of the other...you make sure to drink your water and get your protein in and your strength will come back....you are in for a helluvaride.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 449 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1266 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1260 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1198 views