Saturday Musings

Connie D.
on 2/4/12 2:04 am
Trish.....CONGRATULATIONS on your 2 years of sobriety!!!!

That is wonderful....good for you!

HUGS and love...connie d
Marti O.
on 2/3/12 11:57 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:57 am
Julia, my love, I see how you can start the thread from California....at 1:43 AM...LOL

I did not get the flowers to my client yesterdeay, so that is my job this morning. I did get my nails done however and they look great. I have ugly hands, so I need to have nice nails.

My gandson has a basketball game and then I am showing houses this afternoon. Tonight, we are having cards at our place.
Mike is making his fabulous pizza. He makes his own sausage and he uses a super thin crust. ...it is really good.

So, I have a full day. Hope, your day is great.
M

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

karen C.
on 2/4/12 1:36 am - Kennewick, WA
LOL! Marti, Julia was probably STILL up and I was up yet AGAIN (about the 3rd time) since about 9pm when I fell asleep on the couch!

Karen C

seasheleyes
on 2/4/12 2:03 am - Manteca, CA

I wasn't still up- I frequently get up to pee in the middle of the night and I drift over to the computer.

Marti O.
on 2/4/12 4:04 am, edited 2/4/12 4:06 am
Come to think of it, I think I was up also....we went to the movie last night and saw "Girl withthe Dragon Tattoo" so good...been thinking about it all day. Might have to get the book and Swedish version of the film....and then we all went out for Chinese and I like a good girl had "Healthy Steamed Vegetables", but I woke up around 1am and I was hungry...so I got up and made myself a piece of toast {GF] and had a little wine and went back to bed. I could have gotten on the computer and talked with you...xxoo

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

karen C.
on 2/4/12 7:52 am - Kennewick, WA
I loved the movie too. Very intense but kept me awake and enthralled the whole time. I've been known to fall asleep during a movie I was dying to see!

Karen C

Connie D.
on 2/4/12 2:09 am
Good morning/afternoon Julia and everyone....

Just kicking back and doing nothing today. I ran around so much yesterday I am worn out!!

Wishing you all a really wonderful day!! Prayers as always to so many in need. Getting a little concerned about those not posting lately. I pray all is okay.

Love and many hugs....connie d
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 2/4/12 2:16 am - Green Valley, AZ
Dear Julia and friends at OFF,

Thinking of all of you. Even when I'm not posting I'm still reading. I'm pushing the boundaries of eating this passed month. It's kind of, "Look what I've done in a year. It's time to celebrate. With what have I celebrated? Food. Heaven help me. Now is not the time to go back to destructive eating habits. I'm worth more than that. Must remember to learn new ways to celebrate. Looking forward to the Super Bowl tomorrow. Making a big pot of chili for the day. I should have started it yesterday. I love it best when it's a couple of days old.  

Everyone take care.    Mag   

Eileen Briesch
on 2/4/12 3:24 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Julia and my OFF family:

Gloomy Saturday here ... back to work tonight. I need to get in the shower and get some lunch. Just a short note to say hi. Not much else happening here. My back was really bothering me at work last night but feels OK today. I think I must have felt the rain coming.

Anyway, have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 2/4/12 6:20 am - Cibolo, TX
Hello my OFF sistas!

Here I am, bringing up the rear today.  Somehow, someway, I have pissed off the kitchen gods and they are wreaking havoc on me the past 24 hours!  Honestly, I'm afraid to step foot back in my kitchen today.

Started last night with DH wanting pizza for supper.  If you're on FB, you already know this story.  We had just settled down with our pizza and some wine to watch a little TV.  DH somehow missed the end table (don't ask me how) and managed to shatter his wine glass and spill red wine all over my living room carpet and couch!  Oy vey!  Took me forever to clean that mess up.

We got up this morning determined to have a better day.  (It HAS been a hella week for us.)  Hubby said he wanted waffles and bacon for breakfast.  Okay.  Sounded good to me.  More of that comfort food, you know?  Mix up the waffle batter and guess what?  My waffle iron won't heat up!  WTH?  It's only 30+ years old.  How dare it konk out on me?  LOL!  But not to fear--I have Mom's old waffle iron.  It's got to be 60+ years old, but hey! it heated up right away.  However, having been made in the 1940's, waaaay before the era of non-stick, it had to be oiled first.  OK, I remembered to do that, but it was no use.  The waffles stuck and I had to scrape them out row by row using a fork!  Geez.  At least the birds had a nice breakfast this morning.

Then I go to wash up the dishes from last night and guess what I find broken in the sink?  MY wine glass from last night.  Okay, the kitchen gods do NOT want us drinking wine right now.  I yield.

And THEN this afternoon, hubby is hanging new light fixtures in the kitchen and he cut off the breaker so as not to get shocked.  When he cut it back on, my refrigerator won't work right!  It comes on, but the control panel is all froze up (no pun intended) and I can't reset the temperature or the ice maker or anything!  I would ask what else can go wrong, but I don't want to test the fates right now!

So, yesterday the Realtor came out and we had a nice walk thru and a good visit.  He has to come back next week (after he has a chance to do some research and pull some comps) to talk about a possible listing price.  He had a lot of good suggestions for things we can do over the next couple of months to get the house ready to sell.  Are any of you good with colors?  He suggested that I paint over my wall paper in the kitchen and breakfast nook, but I am stumped as to what color to use.  If you're interested, PM me, and I'll email you some pictures and my current colors.  Also suggested that I paint my dining room, which I hate to do, but I understand that my colors are out of date.

I read all of your responses to my post yesterday about Christie, and I want you to know that I really, truly appreciate each and every one of you who wrote.  I know I am not alone with my heartbreak, and believe it or not, somehow that does help.  Not that I would wish this on anyone else, but it does help to share a little bit, doesn't it?  With each day that goes by, I get a little stronger.  I'm back to feeling like I can survive this estrangement from Chris--at least for awhile until something else happens.  I surely do miss my little Benny, though. 

Let's see, I did want to respond to some happenings today, if I can remember them all.  Caroline!  You lucky, lucky duck!  Going to the CMAs!!!  Oooh, I'm pea green!  You are going to have a blast.  And Karen, you get to go to Hawaii!  How exciting!  Hawaii is on my bucket list.  I hope you have a totally relaxing trip.

Good healing thought to Trish and our two Nans.  So proud of Trish and her 2 year sobriety.  Also so proud of Monica and her 400+ days of sobriety.  WTG, ladies!  Mag, so sorry to hear you fell this past week.  Hope you are doing better now.  Yes, you must get back in control with your eating, as I must as well!  I'm still fantasizing about having a Coke again.  It was all I could think about this morning. 

Always happy to hear from Eileen and Judy these days.  My goodness, how things have turned around for the both of you.  So glad for both of you and your moves/new jobs.  Also so happy for Connie and her move.  You can really hear the happiness in your posts lately.

Well, I'm sure I've forgotten someone I meant to address, but I must get in there and help hubby now.  We have a new yard man, Juan, coming tomorrow and I'll be so glad for Butch to have another MAN here to help him.  He's about to work me to death.  I know I'm a big, healthy girl, but I'm still a GIRL, you know?  LOL!

Love you all!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 451 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1267 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1262 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1199 views