Saturday Musings

seasheleyes
on 2/3/12 5:43 pm - Manteca, CA
Good Morning OFF,
I haven't started the thread in a while- I guess it's my turn.
It's been a sad week here- our best friend's restaurant/pub has closed. Our weekly gathering on Friday nights will not be happening. This place was open for 13 years so the business will be missed by lots of people. It was not a chain. The economy just did it in. I was there as the place was taken apart and I guess until then I kept thinking that it wouldn't really close. It sounds like a small thing as I write it but we had a huge network of friends there- I had my Mom's funeral reception there. It was where I danced on so many New Years Eves.
That's the main thing on my mind right now. Everything is going well- I have no real complaints. My health has stayed good and I don't take that for granted ever. My Mom's estate stuff continues to drag along. I haven't been to Mom's house in months and the bank hasn't taken it over yet so I hope it's still uninhabited :)...There is one final insurance piece that is dragging along.
I hope you are all healing right along... and that those of you that are moving/just moved are settling in nicely. Moving is stressful no matter how good the decision to move is-
Happy Saturday!
Julia

karen C.
on 2/3/12 6:11 pm, edited 2/3/12 6:12 pm - Kennewick, WA

Hello Soul Sister!

Great minds think alike. I am up with an aching shoulder. Caved and took a couple of Aleve but first took the stomach coating pills. Tylenol Arthritis does nothing for the inflammation. Figured as long as I was up I'd jump on the What's New and who is the first one I find but Julia.

Yesterday I finished up my 10 day sub job working with severely handicapped children. I don't what the current politically accepted term is, but these kids have so much heart and fortitude. It would be so difficult and draining to work with them year in and year out but it's also very rewarding. I find that I have so much more patience with them than with students who have much more ability and for whatever reason will not use it.

Not to say that a week on Kauai with my husband and daughter won't be nice. We head to Seattle on Monday after dropping Maggie off at the kennel. We'll spend a night with our son and then head south 90 miles to our daughter's for our grandkid  "fix." Wednesday morning EARLY it's back up I-5 to the airport to catch a 10am flight to Kauai. Warm water, ocean breezes, looking for shells and seaglsss, RELAXING. Unusual for me but I haven't made any reservations other than for the condo and rental car. I've been told that Waimea Canyon and a Napalai Coast boat tour are "musts." Snorkeling right close to our condo is supposed to be great.

We're checking one suitcase to take snorkel gear, air mattresses, binoculars for whale watching, etc. I've already got it full and Mike hasn't added anything so this morning I'll go through it again reminding myself that there is a washer/dryer in the condo!

I'm  so sorry to hear about your friends' business  closing Julia. When you pour your heart and your pocketbook into something it must be devastating. It's hard to see a silver lining I'm sure but hopefully down the road one will appear.

Special thoughts to those facing medical challenges. You are close to my heart. Must try to get some more sleep or I will not have a clear head to do anything when the sun rises. Take Care!

Karen C

Eileen Briesch
on 2/4/12 3:20 am - Evansville, IN
Waimea Canyon is spectacular ... when I took a cruise several years ago, we spent a day on Kauai ... I did a 4WD tour of Waimea and it was so much fun. However, the other 4WD vehicle got stuck and we had to haul to back. it was kind of funny (not for them). The waterfalls are spectacular.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Judy G.
on 2/3/12 9:25 pm - Galion, OH

Morning Julia and Karen!!! And the rest of the OFF family to follow!!

Woke up to snow falling once again on a saturday! Supposed to get about an inch but the way it is coming down now looks like it could be more. Why on the weekend? Never during the week it seems. No rest for the weary huh?

Rick is trying to get the annual inspections done this week for all the units on this side. One guy will NOT let him in so he can inspect it! He has until monday to let Rick in or he is in violation of his lease and will be asked to move. This apartment smells REALLY bad!!! So does this guy! I about threw up when I got a wiff of it when he came to the door. OMG!!!!! Rick has a mask he will have to wear when he goes inside. IF he can get inside that is!! Other than that things are going great here!! Boss was here thursday and she wanted to move us to another complex to manage already!! OMG I told her no we liked it here and did NOT want to move again...unless it was to the Carolina's!!! She said OK...for now. Said in the two months we have been here I am doing a great job...fantastic infact!! Rick is always working never sitting or standing around. She loves it that we are doing so well in such a short time!!  Very happy with us!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!! :-)

Wanted to go to the Hillbilly Breakfast this morning but seems Rick doesn't want to go...sighs. Everytime they have one we never get to go and today we could...just him...grrrr. Oh well. I know he is tired out from all the work he has been doing here. He needs to rest and relax.

Tomorrow is my oldest son's birthday. He will be 41...almost as old as me!! LOL Rick tells everyone I am 42...and what is funny...they BELIEVE it!!! LOL

Well guess i will go check out face book and see my messages there and then play my game that I am almost done with...love that Mah Jong game!!!! Can't get enough when I start playing it!!!

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!!

HUGS

Patricia R.
on 2/3/12 9:54 pm - Perry, MI
 Judy,
I think it is great that your boss is so pleased with the work you are doing.  That is such a huge change from where you used to work.  I totally understand about not wanting to move again.  I am of the same mindset after moving twice in less than two years.

I love MahJong.  I once had software to play it on the computer.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 2/4/12 2:03 am - Green Valley, AZ
Judy,

Your picture looks very young. I'm not surprised that people think you are younger.   Mag

Judy G.
on 2/4/12 4:41 am - Galion, OH

Thanks Mag!! I guess i look younger but I sure wish I felt as young as I look!!! 

HUGS

Debbiejean
on 2/4/12 6:46 am - Shelbyville, MI
Judy,
When your hubby has to clean up the smelly apt. tell him to put Vicks under his nose and he won't have to wear a mask and get hot. Ugh!
Glad your enjoying your new job and don't have to move.
Judy G.
on 2/4/12 6:59 am - Galion, OH

LOL OK but he has a mustache...vicks on that he will shave it off for sure...i beg him not to all the time...makes him look like a little kid without one...

Yes we love it here and things are finally falling into place with "knowing" how and what to do! ;-)

HUGS

Patricia R.
on 2/3/12 9:48 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Julia,
My, you and Karen are up rather early, given that it is 8:40 here on the East Coast.  

I have had a productive morning so far.  I just made a crock pot full of chili, and have that cooking for later on and tomorrow.  In a few minutes, I will be cleaning out my refrigerator and making room for that and another meal.  I plan to make a baked ziti casserole, as that is something I love to make and reheat.  That would give me two meals to heat up for the next so many days.  

The nurse is not due till after lunch.  My regular nurse comes early, as I am up early.  I guess she did not tell the one that is filling in about my preference.  As soon as the nurse leaves, I will be getting dressed and heading to an AA meeting.  I have not been to one since the week after Christmas.  I fell on December 30th, and between the hospital stays, and my leg pain, this weekend is the first I have felt up to attending one.  I plan to keep my leg elevated, assuming it does not get too crowded, which this particular meeting is usually not too crowded.  I am meeting my sponsor there, and we are going to a diner afterward, to celebrate my 2 year anniversary of sobriety, which was January 15th, while I was in the hospital.

I hope everyone is having a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 449 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1266 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1260 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1198 views