I Totally Forgot My Own Surgiversary!

seasheleyes
on 12/4/11 4:20 am - Manteca, CA
I had my surgery 4 years ago yesterday. I'm not going to be too philosophical about it, other than to say I'm glad I had it but I'm disappointed in myself for not being the weight loss surgery poster girl. I lost 135 pounds, never reached goal, and gained 20 pounds back in the last 2 years. I still struggle with food. My brain is broken... mendable I think, but it's somewhat scarred. I'm sure most of you understand. On this day after the anniversary I am going to pledge to each of you that I am going to try harder to stick to the PLAN! Thanks to those of you that have supported me through the five years that I've been on OH. I've made friendships that are dear to me.
Julia
poegirl100
on 12/4/11 4:51 am - Cibolo, TX
Julia,  try looking at it like this:  the last 5 years were going to happen no matter what, right?  So you could have spent them being morbidly obese and miserable, or you could have spent them weighing WAY less and having MORE fun.  I think you chose the better option!!!

Always good to rededicate yourself to the plan, but don't beat yourself up for not being perfect.  You are an inspiration to me regardless.

Vic 
Monica B.
on 12/4/11 5:42 am - Emery, SD
Good for you Julia.
I celebrate 7 years on 12/06/04. Very pleased in my weight loss and continued success. At 135 I was too thin and not healthy at all. Glad my doctor set me straight. Struggle with bread is ongoing, not invited into house often, but I do cruise the bread departments and sniff. I still get the foamies on days I am stuffed up, strong gag reflex I have. Currently at 156 lbs and doing well. Love my flat stomach, lovely small girls, hate the legs and arms, but oh well. Love shopping now and have realized I can go into speciality shops that are not for large sizes. I will never go into a Lane Byrant again. Feels nice.
Grateful for all here, for their support and caring ways.

Judy G.
on 12/4/11 6:13 am - Galion, OH

Monica CONGRATS to you also!!!! You have done wonderful over your WLS years!!!!

HUGS

karen C.
on 12/4/11 9:53 am - Kennewick, WA
Monica, I am so glad that you found your way back to us. Congratulations on your 7th WLS anniversary and your ever lengthening sobriety. You give so much  to us all and my world would be smaller without you in it.

Karen C

Laureen S.
on 12/4/11 10:19 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Monica,

Congrats on your successing and your continued sobriety!!!  You're doing great!!!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Judy G.
on 12/4/11 6:12 am - Galion, OH

CONGRATS!!!!! you are doing very well for being only 20lbs up....I know alot that have gained it ALL back!!! And did they think it would stay off just because they have a smaller pouch?? I think they never followed the plan given to them!!! Shame on them!!!

I am PROUD of you Julia!!!! :-)

HUGS

karen C.
on 12/4/11 9:49 am - Kennewick, WA

Julia, I'm right there with you. I think sometimes that I am deep down afraid to reach goal; not that I am anywhere close. But, I am so much better off than I was and for that we should both be thankful. And I am thankful for you my friend! Congratulations. The plan, oh yes, the plan so easy to ignore or forget this time of year.

Karen C

lightswitch
on 12/4/11 10:20 am

Julia,

Happy surgiversary and the twenty pounds and you know as well as I that once you make your mind up, you will lose those pounds.  And, if you don't lose it but just don't gain anymore, you will be fine, right?  YOu have much to be proud of.  You have lost over 100 pounds and kept it off.  And, when you think of twenty pounds, think of it as just 20 and not 135 and with that perspecitive, it doesn't seem impossible.  

I'm with you on the broken brain.  I guess the majority of us super morbid gals will always have that struggle.  I think about food every single day and have to make myself schedule my food.  If I don't work on a schedule, I will eat every hour.  

You are doing great and don't have one single negative thought.  We are all in this together, through thick and thin.  Look at you: Look at what you can do and have done.  You are a rock star. 

Debbiejean
on 12/4/11 10:41 am - Shelbyville, MI
Happy Surgiversary Julia...and you are doing great!
Stick to your plan but don't beat yourself up around the Holidays. Have a plan, that helps and keep posting. We will fight this weight gain together! You are not alone my friend. Hugs Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 449 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1266 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1260 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1198 views