My Mom is in Hospice House

Debbiejean
on 8/1/11 9:50 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Hugs Julia and special prayers being said for you mom.
Hospice is a wonderful place to be and I love how they really care for the dying. Comfort measures only.

May your time spent with your mom be joyful, beautiful and words to comfort her. God is at her side and yours too. Another wonderful journey is just around the corner for your mom.
All my love, prayers and hugs Debbie
Jo W.
on 8/1/11 10:18 pm - Owosso, MI
Prayers going up for you your mom and your whole family in the next days and weeks.   I have a firm belief that even if your mom doesn't know that  you Julia  is near her that deep down  she knows someone who loves her is there.  God bless you and hold you in His arms in the coming days.
Laureen S.
on 8/2/11 12:05 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Julia,

I know all too well the sadness of letting go and I wish you strength and peace at this time and I hope that your Mom gives you one last nod of knowing, my Mom's last words to me were "love you too, see you later", she had had a stroke and was confused about a lot of things, but that last time helped me, because when I looked back at it, I realized she was saying goodbye. . .  You've been a great source of love and shown her compassion and kindness, so she knows how much she is loved and I know in the deepest part of you, you know how much she has loved you, so while at times it is frustrating, remembering them as they were and then watching them decline, hang on to all the good memories and just hold her hand when you can and know that here on the east coast there are some sistahs thinking of you and your family at this time. . .

Love, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 8/2/11 12:31 am
Julia.....you have a rough couple weeks ahead. Know that we are always here for you.

Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers
God Bless!!

Hugs....connie d
EthelMae
on 8/2/11 1:51 am - MD
Julia - my thoughts are with you.

Please enjoy your time with your Mom.  My last hours I spent with my Dad are some of the greatest memories I have.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

Karen S.
on 8/2/11 2:45 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha Julie....The others have said it so well......so I will just add that I wish I had a magic wand to help you feel joy in this transition from memories and love shared. I had a little friend who was all crippled up, and when he was dying he said to me, "Now I can be free to go out in the ocean and leap and play with the dolphins." I like to imagine him out there singing, and playing and being free.

Sending you so much aloha!

Maui Karen

VNARN
on 8/2/11 4:45 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
I am so sorry for what you are going through.  I am glad your Mom is in a nice place with the care she needs and that you can be with her for this final journey.  Cyberhugs,

Sharon
Judy G.
on 8/2/11 9:32 am - Galion, OH

Julia I sort of know what you are going through right now...My dad died suddenly when I was just 19 and then my aunt that was my favorite somehow I "knew" was going to be sick soon after we bought our house. And sure enough I was right...she went into nursing home then home and hospice came in and man it was hard on me...my heart goes out to you and prayers are being said for you and family to get you through this difficult time. I am rambling here I know so I will stop....just know we are all here for you no matter what or when you need us!!!

HUGS

Nancy H.
on 8/2/11 11:44 am - Traverse City, MI
Julia, I am sorry, Please make the most of the time you have, I am sure your mom knows you are there for her & you will have the best memories. She is lucky to have you for a daughter.
Nan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 451 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1267 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1262 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1199 views