Good Morning- It's FRIDAY!

Nancy H.
on 6/17/11 1:17 am - Traverse City, MI
Kristi, when my sister was close to dying, she would tell us mom was there. It was funny becuse we would tell her to say hi & we missed her. Then she said momis there on the couch, & she's naked. I don't know what that was about, but it did lighten the mood. Lots of prayers to help you get through this.
Nan
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 6/16/11 9:42 pm - Green Valley, AZ
I'm still up. This is 2 days in a row. I need to drive myself to PT today and it means driving the interstate. Hope I can sleep a few hours soon.
  Mag

poegirl100
on 6/17/11 3:16 am - Cibolo, TX
Mag, honey, you've got to get some rest.  You're in a manic phase.  Sometimes my daughter will go for 3 or 4 days without sleep.  It's horrible for her.  You need to call your doctor RIGHT NOW and get some help.  Please don't continue to suffer like this.  You know your symptoms can be medically managed.  Please take care of yourself.

Love you!

Vickie 

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 6/17/11 9:47 am - Green Valley, AZ
Thanks Vickie,
   My PNP and I are meeting weekly right now. Increasing one med at a time. This week it's Lamictal up to 250. Then in two weeks he will up Lamictal to 300. How about I send you a PM? Give ya the long version. Just don't want to take up too much of the space  for today's posting.  As ever,    Mag   PS Boy is the kitchen clean. lol

poegirl100
on 6/17/11 12:30 pm - Cibolo, TX
Yes, PM me anytime.  Either here or on FB.  And I'll send you my email addy.  You know I'm here for you anytime.

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 6/16/11 9:52 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning OFF Family,
I am so sorry you are having difficulties with Mom's care.  Makes me grateful for my Mom's independence at her age.  Mom is 84 and can lives alone and drives two hours to visit us.  She also volunteers at the Veterans Hospital one day a week, and shops at the Salvation Army one day a week too. 

Today I have an appointment for my B12 shot and must go to the lab to get my INR done, that is to test my Coumadin level.  I also must go to the Salvation Army to pick up my wallet, and drop off a bag of clothes.  I lost my wallet and someone found it there.  And, I must swing by my storage unit to drop off some containers of clothes. 

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Debbiejean
on 6/16/11 10:14 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Good morning OFF family and Happy Friday. Looking forward to my weekend.

So tonight I'm babysitting for baby Holly, plan on taking her for a walk this evening.
Saturday going to a baseball game but first gotta mow the lawn.
Sunday it's church and practice singing for next Sunday, hubby and I are singing for the special music. We will do a melody of: I'll Fly Away, Do Lord and This Little Light of Mine (for the kids)
I love to sing (and dance!)

So have fun this weekend. I've been so busy this week working on our volunteer event for Monday that I may just stop off and get my nails done, I think I will have them shellacked again.
Next payday I will get a pedi! Treat myself, I deserve it! LOL Hugs Debbie
grammylew
on 6/16/11 10:33 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Oh, I can relate to the problems caring for your mothers. I am so happy we were able to have round the clock care for Momma when she was so bad. She was so embarressed to have to wear a diaper. Be strong.
Yesterday we went and bought everything our grandson will need for his summer in VA at the Massanutten Military Academy. Sheets, towels, underwear, cleaning supplies, etc. Cost her nearly $400!!!! At least he will be able to use the same stuff at school next year at the Camden Military Academy in SC.
The doc my son went to see says he has degenerative disc disease and it is hereditary! He basically told the doc he was full of ______!! The problem dates back to an accident at work in 1988. Once those records are found and reviewed I'm sure the docs will have a different point of view.
Today we are going to get groceries for a BBQ at our son and DIL's on Saturday. We are buying the meat, everyone else brings sides. BUT our daughter, DIL and grandkids all have said "but Gramma HAS to make her_____!! " So, I will be doing more than the meat. Which is OK. I love cooking and baking. And I love that they all have things I make that they love!!
Another hot and sticky day in eastern NC!
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Laureen S.
on 6/16/11 10:45 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Julia,

I'm sorry you are  having to deal with your Mom's decline, but as has been said and you know it to be true, as frustrating as it can be, you will not have any regrets. . .  sending prayers for peace and strength. . .

Morning Everyone,

Thankful that Friday has finally arrived, was awoken by lightening and thunder at 3:30 this morning, it even frightened Roxie somewhat, so I snuggled with her and we listened to the storm approach and than about 4 a.m. the skies poured buckets on us for about 40 minutes, so my day is off to a very early start and I went to the gym, did 2.5 miles in 50 minutes of elliptical and I'm beat, glad that I get to leave at 3:30 today, though I have to meet up with a friend this evening at around 6:15 and hit a meeting, then I have a feeling it will be an early night tonight, anyway that's about all from me.

Wishing you all the best day possible and peace and strength to get through the rough spots.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Monica B.
on 6/16/11 10:49 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all, sober 227 days and so proud of me.
Got up just a bit ago, late for me. That is OK. So far no doctor app's for today. Yesterday busy and really we have had a busy week for us. Next week we have plans everyday.
Finding mindful eating joyous. Sad so many have "parent" problems. I realize how well my folks planned and how easily I was able to make the last years possible even from 1500 miles away. Glad I found a senior care attorney and senior care manager. Now I must admit we have not planned well at all for us outside of picking a place to plant us. We have DNR's and Advanced Directives, but nothing in writing about our funeral plans or what to do with all our stuff. Yeah will is made out, but we will still leave "SHI++ for our kids to deal with. We need to address this hard as it is.
Scared about my upcoming doc visit. I am admitting my failure to take any meds and that is why my thyroid and other problems must be off.
Will file for SS and have app to do so next Tuesday. My MA license has expired and I don't have my real SS card, so I am in trouble to file. Hubby will go thru lock box to find birth certificate and a copy of my SS card. Can't prove who I am even with 3 different photo cards from Federal government agency's. Can't get a FL license or ID card without SS card or valid license either. Make sure you have legit ID so this worry doesn't bite you. Oh the hoops we have to jump thru when we are not able to jump. How do illegals do it or do they?
Yoda too cute this morning, got up, gave love and hugs, then went back to bed.
Hope all have a special day and weekend. Missing my family, grateful for you all.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 451 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1267 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1262 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1199 views