It's Saturday!

phyllis gilbert
on 5/28/11 10:40 am - frankenmuth, MI

Nancy,
Sounds like you guys are having a great time this weekend, I know you were so looking forward to having the girls for the summer. So glad you got to talk to your son, I know you always feel better when you do. Take Care and thanks for being there for Jon, he really appreciates it.

Phyllis Gilbert
Nancy H.
on 5/28/11 11:23 am - Traverse City, MI
Thanks Phyllis. Boy it sounds like Jon is doing awesome!!! I am very happy for him. Jamie said he & I will get the girls for Christmas if Mary doesn't make it. I talked to Ryan & Taylor, your nature buddy today. Taylor was almost crying. The 2 younger ones were sleeping. I miss them so much I physically hurt. I will get over it. Hope to see you soon!!!! Give the girls a hug, Nan
poegirl100
on 5/28/11 10:32 am - Cibolo, TX
Hi everyone,

I've been going to post on here all day, but things keep getting in my way!  Maybe I can get us to page 4.

First of all, it's my anniversary!  Number 30.  I got a phone call from my sweetheart in Saudi this morning, and wonder of wonders, we got to talk for a whole hour!  He'll be home in just 2 more weeks.  We will celebrate then, but it was so good to talk to him today.  Then, after we hung up, I was a little sad and blue, but I got over it.  I've been alone on many special days.  A date is just a square on the calendar.

The scale moved this morning and went down a pound!  Hurray!

I needed to mow the grass today, so I got out there and got started, but it didn't go well.  It's very hot here and so dry.  We really need some of that rain you all are getting up north!  I was covered with dirt and grit in no time.  I had dirt in crevices I didn't even know I had!  I do wear goggles, and that helps keep the dirt out of my eyes, but ugh!  It was miserable.

And then I caught a headache after 2 hours, so I just quit.  I didn't get finished, which means I'll have to get back on that damn mower again tomorrow, but I couldn't help it.  I came in, took a bath, took a tramadol, and fell asleep in the recliner.  Woke up with a stiff neck, but my headache is better.  Don't know what I think about that tramadol yet.  It's not Advil. 

I need to fix myself a bite of supper.  It's time's like this that I miss easy fast food or frozen pizza.  I don't have the energy to cook "good food" tonight.  Maybe I'll just have an egg.

BTW, none of you will want to move to East Texas.  We have tons of heat AND humidity.  And BUGS.  Ugh.  The June bugs are driving me crazy right now.  I guess no place is perfect, huh?  Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend, no matter what the weather!  Love you all!

Vickie 

Nancy H.
on 5/28/11 11:25 am - Traverse City, MI
Vicky, I have spent many anniversarys & Birthdays alone! You are right, just another day, you can celebrate whenever you want. My DH & I just passed 39 years, it just gets better.
I hope the 2 weeks pass quickly.
Nan
Eileen Briesch
on 5/28/11 1:19 pm - Evansville, IN
Called you yesterday, Vickie, but it went to voicemail. Sorry we couldn't talk. Maybe some other time.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

obxlady
on 5/28/11 12:22 pm
What...we haven't hit page 4 yet??!!  I just finished reading the newspaper, hubs & I took our evening meds, he's watching law & order so I thought I'd check emails.  Thought surely by now we'd be @ #4...but hey, the day ain't over yet...lol.

Grilled hot dog & slaw was soooo yummy.  Been a while since I've had a grilled dog.  Sister made a fat free/sugar free vanilla banana pudding...no cookies.....delicious....for dessert.  Had 1/2 cup of that after my walk. 

So glad that everyone is doing good.  Love reading on our OFF forum.  Thanks for allowing me to be a part of a great bunch of people.

Cindy
karen C.
on 5/28/11 12:23 pm, edited 5/28/11 12:25 pm - Kennewick, WA

Sitting here in the sunshine on my deck, sipping an ice tea, taking a breather. . . My sis in law and niece came in on Thursday evening and left about noon today. We had a great time. Mary, my sis in law, has a movement disorder akin to Parkinson's so it was an exhausting 2 days for all of us but we managed and had a great time.

She lives in a really nice assisted living place that has rails on all walls; we don't so she needed a lot of help even with her walker. We did get out for a nice drive, went shopping for her some new clothes, visited my brother, and had  movie night last night complete with popcorn.

Just as they were getting ready to leave my son and his fiance called to say they were on their way "east" to find the sun. . . and it is glorious. They arrived about 4pm and just took off for the evening with friends. There's a "Parrot-head" concert along the Columbia River tonight and it will be outsdie. Sun is shining, the "Buffet groupies" will be out in full force. This band imitates Jimmy Buffet very well from my understanding. Tomorrow Nathan, my son, promised to be the chef for the food they brought. Sounds good to me as I'm worn out. Every 2 hours my sis in law needed to get to the bathroom. She's a small woman but still needed help getting in and out of bed, into the bathroom etc.

OH! Almost forgot. We have an irrigation canal that runs along the back of our property, along a walking trail. . I just saw our first babies of the season. Mom and Daddy duck and 8 ducklings. So little that they were "swimming" in circles. I think the current was doing most of the work! So cute. Mom and Dad were so protective!

Julia, it will all work out. I am so glad for you that your school year is over. Breathe deep, now you can concentrate on what needs to be done. You're in my thoughts.

My mom and I  always attended the Memorial Day service at the cemetery. I'll go on Monday as usual. The service is held close to my mom and dad's graves. I'll pause to give thanks to all who serve and help to keep us free. I'll remember my loved ones and friends who are no longer with us. And. . . I'll pause to reflect on how fortunate I am.

Karen C

Judy G.
on 5/28/11 12:54 pm - Galion, OH

Hi Julia...man I thought I would be seeing page 4 by this time tonight but nope!!! Sighs...I ill try to get you there with my post but not gonna promise....LOL

Called my mom this morning before I went to work and asked her about her thumb...no she did not go get it checked out. She said she can move most of it so she thinks its just spranged. Sighs....She said she called her neice and asked her to come to her bday party and she said yes she would come! Five minutes later she called mom back and asked her if her son was supposed to come also...mom said NO!!! LOL mom can't stand her son and his wife...well neither can the rest of us...lol. I also asked her if she was drinking the Ensure and she said when she thinks about it she does...grrrr

OH!!! Did I mention that Rick found his first gray hair last night??? OMG you would have thought that it was the end of the world!!! LOL He pulled it out and I told him now he would have about 10 more by morning!!! LOL So when he got up this morning he looked in the mirror very carefully to see if there were more!!! LOL

Work was so busy today and talk about hot dogs!!! OMG we sold so many dogs I can't even look at another hot dog right now!!! LOL And pretzels...we went through alot of those also today...pizzas we sold alot of them too...don't people eat at home on holiday weekends anymore??? Sold a ton of the Dippin Dots ice cream wow!!!

Well its time for me to hit the hay because I work in the morning and my back is killing me again...hope this gets you to page 4...lol

HUGS

Judy G.
on 5/28/11 12:55 pm - Galion, OH

I DID IT FOR YOU!!!! LMAO PAGE 4!!!!

HUGS ;-)

seasheleyes
on 5/28/11 3:09 pm - Manteca, CA
OMG..... you it! You are all the bomb!!!!.... Page 4!!!!! THamk you ALL!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 451 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1267 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1262 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1199 views