It's Saturday!

seasheleyes
on 5/28/11 6:31 am - Manteca, CA
Me too Sharon- I like hot. But I don't like humid hot- I like dry hot. The Cayman Islands were so much fun, but the heat gets so uncomfortable when it is wet. I guess you get used to it if you live in humidity.
seasheleyes
on 5/28/11 6:40 am - Manteca, CA
WELL- I see that we are getting close to three pages... lots of you are lurking- I see you!  I need to leave soon for the river, so I hope that by the time I get home we have at least enough posts to get close to page 4. Then I can fini**** up! It's not too warm here today so I'm wearing long sleeves, long jeans, a sweater or two, and I'm taking a blanket so I won't get cold next to the river. This is the Delta- part of the Sacramento River. This weather is weirdly different... part of Global Warming I hear. We are reaping what we have sown I'm afraid. Time to get my jeans out of the dryer and to curl my hair. Then I will be off! I have no big plans for the rest of the weekend. At least I don't right now. I do need to pay bills- mine and Mom's. Don't let me forget! It's important! :)
grammylew
on 5/28/11 7:20 am - Jacksonville, NC
Well, we have lived here 6 years and I'm still not used to the humidity! Dry heat I can live with. Although our son says at 125 degrees it is too hot even with no humidity. And the sand storms are no fun either.
I just got interrupted by our grandson's dog. She is still a puppy, really, although she is pretty big already. Apparently she saw a squirrel in our back yard. I guess she jumped at the French doors. She yelped and cried like something bit her in the middle of a fight!! Both of the other dogs were in here. So we all jumped up and went running. By then she was in here, head and tail down cause she knew she was naughty.The curtain came down on top of her. She bent both curtain rods, spilled the water AND the dog food. She was so funny. I pointed at her and told her she was NOT my friend anymore! She is being very good now!
I am so very glad we don't have pets. I know they are great company and if you have them, you love them. But they can be a pain, too!
Are we on page 4 yet?

Grammylew in Jax

Candygirl
on 5/28/11 8:22 am - Somewhere in, NY
I know it's late, but trying to help Julia get to page three....

We continue to have rain every day.  Sometimes all day, sometimes just in the late afternoon/night.  Everything is growing like crazy.  I swear I can sit inj my family room and actually WATCH the grass growing.  It's too wet to mow it, and when I try to weed, I find myself removing great clumps of topsoil.  I need the topsoil to stay where it is, so I'm a bit behind on my Spring cleanup.

It's not too wet to plant new stuff, though.  Which I'm doing.  Regularly. 

I may have to buy a house with more than 1/3 acre of yard....

Nothing planned for the long weekend.  Hoping it'll stay clear for over 24 hours so I can make some progress in the yard.  I doubt that will happen.  I'm enjoying puttering where I can, though.  There's no rush to get anything done.  There's always tomorrow.  Or next week.

So THIS is what it's like to be retired!  I think I like it.

Everyone have a good holiday weekend.

Candy

Candygirl
on 5/28/11 8:23 am - Somewhere in, NY
THERE YOU GO, JULIA!!  PAGE THREE.....

obxlady
on 5/28/11 9:12 am
Is this page 4 yet??!!  Waiting for the balloons, confetti and million dollars!!!  Just like my life.....waiting....lol.

Hi everyone!!!  Happy Saturday.  Up after a nice peaceful rest and DH is now putting some beef hot dogs on our grill.  Slaw is made and in the fridge so that's what we're having for a Sat. evening dinner. 

Eileen...speaking of new "do"...I'm sporting one today as well.  Yesterday,  myself, sister and daughter went and all had haircuts.  I love love love mine.  I didn't realize how long mine had gotten.  My hair is still thin from the loss after surgery.  I've upped my protein big time so I'm waiting for it to grow back.  Anyway, I asked my hair dresser about a perm.  She said...oh no, it'll break/damage your hair.  I'd wait.  So wait I'll do.  She gave me a really cute hair cut though.  My hubby loves it. 

Going to eat dinner and then take Emma & Buster(fur babies) for a nice long walk.  Then our routine, sit on the front porch with evening cup of coffee and enjoy the breeze. 

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Cindy
obxlady
on 5/28/11 9:14 am
Ohhhhhh, I forgot to mention the nice seedless watermelon that's cooling in the fridge!!  Our first this season...can't wait.  That's what's for dessert.

Is it page 4 yet...LOL...

Monica B.
on 5/28/11 9:32 pm - Emery, SD
Can't ea****ermelon anymore after WLS. Haven't been able to eat blueberry's for about 20 years cause of strong color bothering my inside, but found out this winter watermelon "kills" me too.

BigCaliSmile
on 5/28/11 9:31 am - La Puente, CA
Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Weekend
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Nancy H.
on 5/28/11 10:15 am - Traverse City, MI

Hi, I will try to help to get to page 4. Had a great dinner with the kids & grands. We laughed so much my Daughter & 2 of her girls were in tears!!!

Got to talk to my son on yahoo messenger this morning. Not sure how I did it, but where there is will there is a way. He seems to be doing ok in the middle east.

I won't be getting his girls this summer. I am so bummed. Sure wish I could afford to fly them all here. I will get them at Christmas, even if we drive to Texas to get them.

Well have a good night all!!
Nan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 451 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1267 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1262 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1199 views